PDA

View Full Version : 23 ft outerbanks

noquestion25
05-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Hey all, Im in the process of re-building the house on my 23 Outerbanks. Have some questions, maybe someone intimate with this project can help. First what kind of wood did Blackman use, and I dont mean the 1/2 in ply. Second what is the adhesive called that remains pliable and tacky. Other then that I think I have the rest covered. Found out that there was alot of galvy fastners in the house. No bueno after 20 something years. Also nylox where not used for any of the fastners connecting the house to the hull, also no bueno.
Any and all comments or help is appreciated in advance.

Thanks
Josh

yellowfin1
05-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Josh,

I think that the Blackmans get their wood from a specific place not sure of the name but, I would think Steve Blackman would help you out with all the info you need.
I think that the "Redeemed" was a 20' Blackman CC which was completelt rebuilt by the owners. The Blackmans were pretty cool about allowing thge guy to hang around the shop and watch the fiberglassing process etc.

Good luck with the project.

noquestion25
05-07-2007, 05:14 PM
Thanks for the info. Not real worried about the glassing. More so all the angles needed for a correct retrofit.