PDA

View Full Version : Halibut leader tube upgrade

NoSlack
05-22-2007, 04:57 PM
After sharing the idea of the leader storage tube with Russ, he added a great feature. It was nothing more that a stick placed in a rod holder for the tube to slide over. All those years I've been letting it roll around on the table and all I needed was a stick so I you store it up and out of the way in a rod holder. Brilliant my good man, simply brilliant.

After a couple months of using Russ's idea I kicked it up a notch.

For the latest up grade you will need a hairdryer, a foot of 1"PVC and a 1" slice of 1 1/4" PVC. Slide the 1 1/4" ring over the 1"PVC then flair the ends by heating them with a hairdryer or small torch.

You will need to file down the 1 1/4" ring so it will fit in the 1 1/2" main tube. When you get it filed down to fit, glue it in the main tube and you're ready to go.

Tip the learder tube one way and the stick slides out 11" and back in when you tip it back.

p.s. I made 5 extra inserts, if you need one let me know

http://www.bocapix.com/data/512/h_tube1.jpg
http://www.bocapix.com/data/500/h_tube_2.jpg

Time Out
05-22-2007, 09:09 PM
leave it up to you to make Charlie's idea better. I got the idea from him.

I would like one if you have an extra

I took those reels to Kens reel repair lets see what he can do with them.

Russ

Nomad
05-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I have a patent pending on my tube ina tube concept but would be happy to allow replication for a beta copy of the aforementioned improved design.

Time Out
05-23-2007, 08:18 PM
Charlie

You have been hanging around the wrong kind of people

lawyers I think

You need to spend more time on the boat less time with those types.

Whats your plan for the weekend ?

Russ

NoSlack
05-23-2007, 09:21 PM
Charlie

I'll split the money 90/10 in your favor for everyone I move. I had to pay two guys $10 buck each to take one, so you owe me 18 bucks for the two I got rid of yesterday.

Russ
I'll drop a few by your dock box next time I'm down on J dock.

Mike

Nomad
05-24-2007, 03:42 AM
Jr graduates from college Saturday and the inlaws come in Thursday. Going to try and get down to the boat but looks like a family weekend.

NoSlack
05-30-2007, 05:27 PM
Russ I dropped off 5 of the inserts on Phill's boat today(Fire Escape). If you guys get down there before he does, there in a Target bag behind his bait tank.

Bring some PVC glue to secure them in your tube. I used mine today and it worked great.

Mike

Time Out
05-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks Mike I will be down Friday afternoon.

Russ