PDA

View Full Version : cat WSB 6/9/07

Honeygirl
06-09-2007, 06:47 PM
Fished cat today again for the grayghost. Couldn't get on the spot I wanted to fish because another boat was too close to it (I know why I dont fish the weekends). Set up close to them with their permission and made a little squid. Managed one fish, 32lbs, and watched the boat on the spot I wanted to fish put limits on and I was only 50 feet way. The high light of the trip was the 20foot greatwhite swimming under the boat in the squid light at around 10feet. I'm glad the guy fishing with us was there to witness it. Truly amazing and very sureal. We will be at the island Thursday-Friday if anybody would like to join us. I'm going to see if I can get my dad his 1st seabass.
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w201/honeygirl26/CannonPics112.jpg

iclypso
06-09-2007, 08:52 PM
Wow, what a beautiful fish! Was it too dark to get any pics of the shark?

yellowfin1
06-11-2007, 09:06 AM
Joe,

Another beautiful fish. Nice job. If I can get Mike Jones to join me (I know he's interested), would it be cool to have Tenacious (26' Billfisher) tag along? Is the area big enough to have us anchor a short distance away and still catch fish or is it a tiny area that only supports 1-2 boats at a time?

Thanks,
Scott

Honeygirl
06-11-2007, 11:31 AM
There is always room for another Blackman. It is if we can get the fish to concentrate under us. The issue is getting the squid under the boats and holding it there. Then the seabass will join us. I put zack (fire escape) on the spot today. We will see if it produces.

yellowfin1
06-12-2007, 02:33 PM
Joe,
Thanks, unortunately I can't get a hall pass from the wife or work until Friday night/Saturday. Guess I'll be a weekend warrior with the rest of SOCAL fishermen. Good luck out there.

Mac Attack
06-13-2007, 05:30 PM
Wow nice fish:

Unfortunately I have been assigned to a 40 hr. position (FP) and I am forced to fish weekends. I sure miss the suppression schedule when I could fish mid-week. I am going out Sunday afternoon to fish Monday, West End is a closer shot for me in MDR. I will keep an eye out.

Mike
Mac Attack