PDA

View Full Version : Two Albie firsts for Tenacious

yellowfin1
06-25-2007, 09:07 AM
They are finally here! I wasn't going to fish this weekend but after getting pumped by "Let's Talk Hookup" I could not resist. Dumped the boat in Sunday after Church with the boys and the dog. Skipped picking up bait as the goal was to put my 7 and 9yr old on their first albies. Cruised toward the 302 in flat conditions while listening to a guy on the radio describe 100+ lb bluefin all around his boat. Said he had 2 onboard and broke off a big one. He reported that spotter planes were buzzing him and two seiners were baring down on him fast. As we closed his position we began metering marks from 50-100'. By the time we arrived it was too late. The seiners had deployed their nets and were in the process of wrapping tons of fish. We boxed the area just north of the action still seeing meter marks everywhere. Finally about 5:00PM we get a double jig strike and Ryan stumbles out of the cabin to grab a rod. Kevyn (7yr old) doesn't want to get up. Ryan breaks off 1 fish which I think was actually taken by a shark. I hand the the second rod and he actually did a good job of pumping the fish to the boat. Of course the fish was probably half spent by now. Anyway he gets it and high fives are exchanged. The yellow lab comes out on deck to see what's up and now she's yellow with red spots. Should have snapped a photo. First albie for us this year and first albie for Ryan. Lotsa fish out there. Oh BTW the fish coughed up several 2" long silver fish. The guy with the bluefin claimed the bluefin were biting small silver megabaits.

Honeygirl
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Nice job Scott. We are going to try and get them week. It’s always the best feeling to get your kids on fish. Joe