PDA

View Full Version : Final acceptance on the Riv today...

Nomad
07-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Well it's been a long run for a short slide but I got a verbal today from my buyers that are are signing the final acceptance and moving forward with the purchase of my Riv. Looks like I'll be spending more time around here....

DOGHOUSE26
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
YEAH BABY!

Chas,

Have you got an idea of what to put on the transom of the new sled, I saw one once similar on the Riv and it looked pretty cool!

Congratulations !

NoSlack
07-23-2007, 07:51 PM
Concrats Charlie. Have you picked out a new ride yet?

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
07-23-2007, 08:22 PM
No it picked him! Full Circle

Nomad
07-23-2007, 08:27 PM
http://www.followingsea.net/Boats%20For%20Sale/Utopia/header%20pic2.jpg

http://www.followingsea.net/images/Nomad/nomadboat.jpg

NoSlack
07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Welcome home

hijole
07-23-2007, 08:48 PM
Congratulations Charlie, will the new shirts come soon?

Nomad
07-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Hmmm shirts, the ones in the closet are all XL's that I know have shrunk cuz I could never ever be a xxl! or maybe a hat....

http://www.followingsea.net/images/BOCA%20images/bocahat.gif

Honeygirl
07-24-2007, 04:10 PM
That’s a very clean boat; I have seen hundreds of times in person and am very impressed on how well the owner takes care of it. I would like a shirt, but can I get a WSB on it? J\k. Joe

Malu Lani
07-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Nice boat !

yellowfin1
07-25-2007, 08:54 PM
OK... what just happened? Are you back in a Billfisher???? What about Z Cabo? If you are back in a Billfisher...Congrats!!

Nomad
07-26-2007, 04:46 AM
well as many know, the Cabo deal came came apart late in the game; like Linebrink in the 8th. Had the Cabo deal done and was starting my inspections. Had the Riv deal done and they started their inspections. Turns our moisture was found in the Riv's trannys, was only condensation but the buyer went sideways and got in a panic. Last I heard he told my broker that the boat had bad karma and he couldn't move forward (flake!). When I told the Cabo seller I would be delayed while I found another buyer he took advantage of this and having sellers remorse, pulled the boat off the market and decided to keep it. This all happened over a two week windows with dozens of phone calls on both deals. Towards the end I got so fed up I just decided to sell the boat and play more golf, after all, I got into this to relax and I had had enough of the bullshit. When the next offer came in on the Riv and we agreed on the deal I cleared all my stuff off the Riv (...again) and started to think about being without a boat. Typically I don't do so well without one! So I decided I would just get a center console just so I could fish the coast. That led to maybe upgrading my thinking to some sort of a cuddy and then it hit me. I just needed to get back into the boat that I enjoyed the most and caught the most fish on. Contacted the owner of the Utopia who had contacted me last year about selling the boat and then pulled it off the market. We agreed on a price and now this deal is moving forward. Have a slip over on J dock next to Russ and across from Jeff. So I've come full circle, love the big boats but this is better for me and my situation. Now you know the story, will pick up the Blackman next week. Felt like a comfortable old shoe when I was sitting at the helm. Just hope the albies stick around a few more weeks!

Knot Now
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
If you want your old slip back I bet the "new" lessee could be talked into trading.
Phil
That a bet I can control. LOL

yellowfin1
07-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Charlie,

Thanks for the update. Good to have you back. I was not aware of any of the deals going south.