PDA

View Full Version : Back from Cooperstown

Nomad
07-30-2007, 07:25 PM
Had a great trip to Cooperstown with Jr this weekend. Reports had about 75,000 people there and it looked it. Waited in line for 2 hours with Jr to get a Willie Mays autograph, took the tour of the museum which was really cool. Lots of hall of famers around, saw Frank Robinson and Eddie Murray on the golf course on the way in to town. Tony and Cal had great speeches, classey guy's, Bonds should take a lesson from them. Hot as hell and lots of humidity, glad to be back home.

Riv is gone, cash in the bank, sea trial on the new rig on Wednesday.

iclypso
07-30-2007, 07:57 PM
I hope you had a great time despite the crowds and weather; I'm sure you'll never regret making the trip. That was a once-in-a-lifetime event, seeing Mr San Diego inducted into the Hall.

Exciting news about the sea trial. We're looking forward to the report.

yellowfin1
07-31-2007, 06:35 AM
Sounds like a neat trip. Hope to see you on the water shortly after Sea Trials. By then we may start seeing some big fish like bigeyes??

DOGHOUSE26
07-31-2007, 07:30 AM
I hope when you get back into your new slip you can keep the tradition going started by the bachelors with the ski boat; they had hot different talent onboard every weekend with a full cooler of ice cold beer available to us all at the head of the slip just as long as we never asked about who was there the weekend before. It's a tough task Charlie but I know you have the resources to come up big, don't let us down!

Nomad
07-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Actually I like to sit on a lawn chair drinking lots of warm beer watching my undies dry from the bow rails that I washed in a bucket on the dock. I also like to have loud parties late on Friday night especially when the tuna are running, hope that won't disturb anyone. Finally, sometimes I forget which slip I'm in and pull into the wrong one; by then I'm so drunk I can't back out but I promise to be out in a day or two.

ps: no inflatable dates Jeff, I'm not the new guy no mater how you cut it!

DOGHOUSE26
07-31-2007, 10:32 PM
Sorry Charlie, you're too late, she flies into town Wednesday night!

Nomad
08-01-2007, 06:10 AM
I'll do my hair.

DOGHOUSE26
08-01-2007, 07:55 AM
Stop by the Pharmacy and pick up some protection!

firebc
08-02-2007, 06:06 PM
I give - did Charlie buy another boat?

Old Blue
08-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I agree, some of those guys could learn a lot from the old dudes.

Aaron is the man! And always will be.

DOGHOUSE26
08-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Broke in Charlie's new sled with a famous Watson Margarita on J Dock this afternoon, what a nice boat! Charlie told me to lift the hatch and check out the 43, man 200 hrs and this package is cleaner than many new units after John Benson gets them installed. Nice to see the big smile from ear to ear on Charlie in his cockpit chair and thank God this model isn't finished with "Oakland Raider Black" stripes and canvas.

CAPTAIN HOOK
09-21-2007, 03:51 PM
Charlie-Hows it going?

I have been out the picture for awhile but I have been around here and there. Wife and I had our first son in February. Thought you might like to know. Named him "Charlie". What boat did you get after the Riv? Doug-