PDA

View Full Version : Purchased 32" Blackman "Riley"

Professor
09-04-2007, 05:13 PM
She’s at Sundroad for now, slip b28. The boat is in immaculate condition and the old time diesels make me smile from ear to ear. Not a single computer port and only 750 hours on them. The only big item will be new electronics. The new screens are just the ticket for old eyes. I rarely ran the Patron in excess of 18 knots and this girl doesn’t even turn on the turbos until 20 knots. Still haggling with the insurance people re Mexico coverage but I just got a quotation that should fill the bill for fall trips to the Benito/Cedros area. We just left on a three week trip through the National Parks so I’m sending this from the forest in Mammoth. It’s killing me not to be working on the boat and doing short runs to get used to her and I can’t wait to start on the five to ten day trips. I’m sure I’ll be looking for crew Phil. This boat is perfect for three people to fish there asses off.

Wizard
09-04-2007, 11:00 PM
Dang Yale.. congrats.. my dream.

Knot Now
09-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Yale,
Have you decided on the electronics package.
If you need any help pulling wires...I have some experience.
Phil

yellowfin1
09-05-2007, 12:39 PM
I feel sorry for the yellowtail at Benitos and Cedros and the calicos at Sacramento Reef. I'm sure you and Dan will be puttin a hurtin on them with your new ride.

Professor
09-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Thanks for the kind words. I'll continue to go with the NavNet system. This time I'll use two large screens and will also keep the units in the cabinets down below. Better having them in a darker area during the day and they are not interfering with your night vision. I'am licking my chops for a trip down south, but it will realistically take some time on the boat before I venture to far south. This boat will handle 3 passangers for an extended trip.

DOGHOUSE26
09-08-2007, 09:33 PM
Yale,

Does she have Cummins Diamond Series motors? 300 HP Each? No more outdrive anymore, I can't stand it! I'll bring the margarita mix for the Open House, let me know ASAP.

Old Blue
09-11-2007, 08:56 PM
Hope to see some pics when you get a chance.

DOGHOUSE26
09-11-2007, 09:12 PM
You don't need one Brian, your boat gets bit just fine!

Professor
09-12-2007, 04:21 PM
Yale,

Does she have Cummins Diamond Series motors? 300 HP Each? No more outdrive anymore, I can't stand it! I'll bring the margarita mix for the Open House, let me know ASAP.

Thems the power plants. They purr like a pussy cat and the docking with twin engines is a dream. I don't get back in town until the 6th of October but the last time I check tequila doesn't spoil.

pumphouse
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
Congrats Yale, also looking forward to seeing some pictures of her!