PDA

View Full Version : Seasick?

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 08:18 AM
#0, Seasick?
Posted by Hijole on May-12-03 at 09:38 PM

I just found this site on the web. I heard about the product on the radio this weekend and was wondering if anyone had tried it. I believe this unit is about $125 in local stores but not sure. I have two friends who usually stay in the bunk around noon and leave me cleaninng the boat by myself.It would be something to have on the boat if it works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Seasick?
Posted by Hijole on May-12-03 at 09:40 PM
In response to message #0

This is the web site I forgot to paste
http://www.seaproductsonline.com/index70.html

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#5, RE: Seasick?
Posted by firebc on May-22-03 at 07:34 PM
In response to message #1

Pepe, last year some of the sport boats were given the watch looking one to try for free on their passengers. What they determined was, they did work. With some, they didn't get sick. Others who were sick felt better after using them. But a small percentage did not experience any benefit.
Phil
PS: Thanks for your help!

#2, RE: Seasick?
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on May-12-03 at 09:44 PM

LAST EDITED ON May-12-03 AT 09:50 PM (PST)

The one I got you was only $20 but if the $125 model will do two dudes and is reuseable, then why spend all that money on patch kits?
P.S.- I think the Scott's Johnnyboat bought one for his wifey no worky.

#3, RE: Seasick?
Posted by Hijole on May-13-03 at 08:06 PM
In response to message #2

Jeff, do you have the one listed on the web site or a another brand. The good reports was for the one with replaceable batteries. In this web site it is $75 with a $5 rebate.

#4, RE: Seasick?
Posted by GoFishGo on May-13-03 at 08:48 PM

I have one that you are welcome to try for awhile.
I'm still not certain of how well they work. I've had others use it and it seemed to work, but I tried it once when I wasn't feeling well and it didn't seem to make any difference - I still lost it, but that happens occasionally anyways.
Screamin' Reels
Brian

#6, RE: Seasick?
Posted by Hijole on May-23-03 at 03:20 PM
In response to message #4

which type works?
The reason I ask is because I hav e agood friend who really helps clean the boat well after we come back from fishing. He has been reluctant to go out lately because he gets sick. He normally goes to sleep and I have a great day fishing. All he needs is a few filets to go home and we are both happy. Clean boat and fish to eat!
Thats why I thought that I should be a little thoughtful and get something for him. He's tried the patch, Bonnie, Dramamine etc. I heard about the wrist band on Lets Talk Hook Up. The advertisement claims to cure the Seasick person even after they are already sick. I wanted something to keep on the boat but not experiment.