PDA

View Full Version : Offshore 9/15/07

yellowfin1
09-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Long version.
Departed around midnight with 4 crew. I know it's a load but, made a promise to a friend to take family fishing. Forecast was for Tanner Bank buoy to have 19 kt winds with gusts to 25 knots. Plan was to fish the lee of SCI if the WEAX was up and venture out for albies if not. By 6AM it was just getting light and 45 miles out the seas were just a little lumpy with light winds. Baited a paddy for 1 ~25lb Mako released after photo op. Nothing else till we fished the kelp in pyramid cove for a couple calicos. One of which went 6lbs on the spring scale. Wind still light ventured W and S about 10 miles then back towards the 43FA spot where there were bait balls everywhere. Spotted 2 jumper marlin but, no jig strikes. Another huge paddy had a huge YT patrolling it but, it would not take a bait. Did I mention there was tons of bait under every paddy? At 4PM after the crew was ready to call it quits we headed in for a beautiful ride and nice sunset. Wind never got above 10 knots event outside SCI. About 150 miles on the boat and burned 62 gallons. I love these boats! Best marlin looking water was near the 43 FA and again in an area between 6 and 15 miles straight out of MB (70+ and deep blue with birds/bait). Nearly everwhere else the water was blue but, kinda milky looking.

Professor
09-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Good effort Scott.