PDA

View Full Version : Report from Friday

yellowfin1
10-13-2007, 01:14 PM
Decided to give it one more shot on Friday when I started at the 9MB at about 8:00AM. Jigs in at the north end. Quick single on a tiny YFT. After winding that in we instantly got another small YFT. Continued out towards the 224 with this kind of action. The fish were eating any jig, even the bigger Zukers meant for marlin. On one stop we got them to come up on bait and managed 2 on sardines before they left us. To mix it up we managed 1 nice dorado on the troll about half way between the 9 and 224. Water was 65.9 degrees and blue/green in the AM and warmed up to about 66.5 by early afternoon and seemed to clear up a little. There was alot of bait in the water and lots of big schools of fish on the meter. YFT I presume. No skippies. Heard of a guy about 8 miles south who was getting mixed YFT and skippies. Saw 1 jumping marlin by where we got the dorado. I'm throwing in the towel as I need to do some maintenance. The fish are there. Hopefully for the rest of you they will stick around through the next couple storms.

NoSlack
10-13-2007, 04:56 PM
I stayed close to the 9 on Saturday and found more skippies than YFT. The guys at the 302 were hammering the YFT and I heard one guy say he had albacore at the 371.

Lots of fish out there if you want them.

Mike