PDA

View Full Version : Help needed

Professor
10-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Next week I am taking some Marines who are currently recovering from injuries out for some half day trips.

My plan is to take 5 or 6 of your Marines per trip out for fishing either in San Diego Bay or the Point Loma Area IAW the following schedule.

Trip 1
Depart Sunroad Marina at 0800 on Tuesday October 23, returning to Sunroad Marina at 1200.

Trip 2
Depart Sunroad Marina at 1230 on Tuesday October 23, returning to Sunroad Marina at 1630.

Trip 3
Depart Sunroad Marina at 0800 on Wednesday October 24, returning to Sunroad Marina at 1200.

I looking to get a couple of people to help on the trips (Run boat, help on the deck etc) If you can participate please let me know ASAP..

The marina address is 955 Harbor Island Drive and is located on the North side of the road and is the first driveway after the airport employees’ parking lot. Turn into the visitor parking area to the left after you enter.

yellowfin1
10-18-2007, 08:45 AM
Yale,

Sign me up for the 24th 0800-1200. Let me know if you need any rods or tackle.

Thanks man.

Professor
10-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Scott,

Thanks for stepping up on this. I'll give you a call to work out the details.

Yale

Honeygirl
10-19-2007, 10:57 AM
I work both those days this week, Let me know if you plan another trip like this. With more notice I can take the day off. Joe

scuttlebutt
10-27-2007, 07:40 PM
The San Diego Anglers fishing club is taking wounded soldiers out for a SD bay run on the 3rd of Nov. also. I'll let you all know how it went.

Professor
10-27-2007, 10:53 PM
Go for it! Got 13 guys out on Monday and it was a great day. I'm working with the Gunny to make it a monthly event.

DOGHOUSE26
10-30-2007, 12:05 PM
Let me know when the next round comes up Yale, it generally takes me about a week to arrange my schedule and I'd love to help. I wasn't sure if I could make your first dates and the Fire pretty much wiped out any free time I could spare.

scuttlebutt
10-30-2007, 03:23 PM
The San Diego Anglers club is taking 30 military from Balboa Naval Hospital out for a fishing tournament. They are bussed down to Shelter Island and distributed on our boats at 8am and return at 3pm for lunch and awards. Fishing licenses are provided by the club. Have many awards donated by local businesses plus food and drinks. No limit as to where we can take them other than Mexico which they don"t have licenses for. Should be a fun day. Glad to see that BOCA and our other clubs are getting involved in this.

yellowfin1
11-01-2007, 12:08 PM
Yale,

If in the course of coordinating some of these trips you determine you need another boat to take 2-3 folks give me a shout. I'd be glad to assist if my schedule permits.

Scott

scuttlebutt
11-03-2007, 06:02 PM
The SD anglers fishing club had great time taking the young fellas out today. We gave fishing poles and many other donated prizes to the winners. They were all winners in our book. A 4 pound Barracuda won first prize caught at the bait barge. I now have a new friend who loves to fish and is getting a med discharge and wants to stay in SD and join our fishing club. Weather was great and the company was great. You all need to take these young men out for a day on the water. They loved it. We had chow and drinks afterward at shelter Island. Kudos to those of you that are doing this.