PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 08:21 AM
#0, Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman
Posted by Bluewater on Nov-18-03 at 09:55 AM

I noticed a 29 ft. Blackman appearing in Sea Magazine. Does anybody know the beam and dry weight of this boat? What power is used to enable it to cruise at 24 knots? Does anybody have similar dimensions for the 32 footer? These two boats seem to have alot of cockpit for the size, and comfortable interiors. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Nov-19-03 at 01:10 PM
In response to message #0

Sorry Bluewater,
I don't know. I've got the 26 Billfisher. You could call the Blackmans at (619) 266-8013. I 've seen a few of the 29' Blackmans around but, don't really know anybody who has one. I agree they look roomy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman
Posted by Bluewater on Nov-19-03 at 06:15 PM
In response to message #1

Thanks Scott. I saw a used 29 advertised in Western Outdoor News last week. It's a 2001 with twin yanmar diesels. It's out of my price range at the moment (a dollar eighty five). My thought would be to buy a used one, maybe 10 years old or so. I don't think the 29 and 32 have been in production that long, but it's nice to window shop. It seems most boats in this size have small cockpits. Blackman advertises that the 29 has a 95 square foot cockpit. This would accomodate 4 anglers. On those long overnite trips, it's nice to have two on watch at night while the other 2 sleep.

#3, RE: Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Nov-20-03 at 12:31 PM
In response to message #2

Ya I agree with you on the bigger cockpit. I can fish 4 but, Optimum is three. I like just fishing two but, sometimes you need that third guy to help clear lines, throw bait, or handle the throttles while offshore during a hookup.
Over nighters on the 26 are still comfortable and roomy enough though.

Good luck with the boat search.

#4, RE: Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman
Posted by Saltwaters on Nov-24-03 at 10:29 PM
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON Nov-24-03 AT 10:31 PM (PST)

I found the dimensions in the latest issue of Sea magazine.
29 - Beam 11', draft 3'1", weight 12,000 lbs, std power twin 230hp Yanmars, List price $187,275.00

32 - Beam 11'9", draft 3'4", weight 13,900 lbs, std power twin 230hp Yammars, List price $248,332.00

The Yanmars put out 240hp instead of 230hp now.

Bill on Tunacious

#5, RE: Dimensions for 29 and 32 ft. Blackman
Posted by Bluewater on Nov-25-03 at 06:17 PM
In response to message #4

Thanks, Bill. Those are nice dimensions and weights. Big enough to fish way out there, but light enough to run the boats on smaller diesels. Unfortunately, boat manufacturing costs such as resin, labor costs, workman's comp, etc. have increased alot faster than inflation over the last several years. I'll probably have to buy used.
I really like the 28 and 31 Bertrams. I think they were discontinued in the early 90's or so. There are very few builders TODAY who make a boat in this size range with a large cockpit. Hope Blackman keeps on cranking out these bigger ones for many years to come.

Tom