PDA

View Full Version : Buying a 26' blackman

Import Manager
05-01-2004, 08:48 AM
#0, Buying a 26' blackman
Posted by fj20spl311 on Mar-22-04 at 11:25 AM

Any sugestion or openions on the different models?
Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Buying a 26' blackman
Posted by Nomad on Mar-22-04 at 12:43 PM
In response to message #0

LAST EDITED ON Mar-22-04 AT 03:50 PM (PST)

Depends on where you are fishing and personal taste. I like my Billfisher because of the configuration, I really like sitting up on a bridge, better for spotting fish/paddies.
On the other hand, folks like the Outerbanks because of the comfort of the helm station being inside. You are also closer to your crew. On the Billfisher, you are isolated from everyone else on board, not that thats an issue, just something else to consider.

Most models are represented here on the board so you should be able to get most of your questions answered.

Charlie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Buying a 26' blackman
Posted by Sleigher on Mar-22-04 at 02:46 PM

I think the Outerbanks is the way to go!
With my tower I sit as high or higher than I would with the flybridge and I have the option of driving up top or down below.
On long night runs I can watch a movie with my left eye and the radar with my right. At the end of the day I can kick off my boots and stay nice and dry. The momentum of a rough sea is not near so violent when you are standing at the waterline.
If someone else is driving I am right there if they have any questions or concerns.
I've a plotter/fishfinder on the tower and one in the cabin as well as a radio in each.
The cabin also allows for a higher degree of security for all of your electronics.
So, nothing against the Billfisher (it's the same hull) but I would seriously look at an inboard powered Outerbanks, especially if you are going to keep it in a slip.
Peter
Longfin

#3, RE: Buying a 26' blackman
Posted by Yellowfin1 on Mar-22-04 at 03:03 PM

I like the Billfisher for the same reason which Charlie mentioned. Better fish spotting ability, and besides they look kinda cool. Sleighter is right though, they rock pretty violantly while in the trough.

#4, RE: Buying a 26' blackman
Posted by moo fish on Mar-23-04 at 06:16 AM
In response to message #3

What kind of ride do you have now??? There is nothing like 24 hours on any boat to get familiar with it. Any boat configuration is a trade off / compromise. What you gain in one area, you lose in another. Have to set your priorities. Good luck......rt on the Moo Fish

#5, RE: Buying a 26' blackman
Posted by fj20spl311 on Mar-23-04 at 09:06 AM
In response to message #4

I am currently fishing from a Stringari 19 CC.
Thanks to everyone for their input.
Phil

Pistolero
03-15-2005, 10:38 AM
If you decide on a Billfisher....Keep in touch, I'm in process of selling mine back to guy who sold it to me. Will be looking for Outerbanks model, or similar configuration in other make. If it doesn't go through, I'll post it on this site..relatively cheap, cause it needs minor cosmetic stuff.