PDA

View Full Version : 11/25/07

NoSlack
11-25-2007, 03:28 PM
Took a look off Torrey for some bait balls that might be holding the big T's. No bait to be found by slack tide so I hit up a productive rock for a bucket full of rockfish.

Set up a halibut drift off Mission Beach and picked up one keeper while I cleaned the rockcod.

Mike

yellowfin1
11-26-2007, 08:07 AM
Good going Mike,

It was a nice day (weather wise). We only managed 4 rockfish. Metered many but, they didn't seem to want to eat the squid strips. Weird thing. A guy in an estimated 38 Egg Harbor (I think) came out and circled me 8-10 times at a very close range while I was fishing. Asked me if I was catching anything. After replying that it was really slow he circled a few more times then stood off 100 yards or so then came in and circled us a few more times before heading abck into MB. I thought it was strange. This guy came from the direction where you were so, wondered if he did the same to you?

NoSlack
11-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Never saw a soul up my way.

The only spot that bit, the fish were spitting up red shrimp. Once I swithed to the red shrimp fly it was game on. Nothing big but a good consitant bite.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
11-26-2007, 11:40 AM
My boat is still in the shop but my buddies that hit the lower 9 over the weekend said it was slow down there too. My slip neighbor went straight out off MB Saturday with shrimp flies and sardine strips and caught 8 reds, a few grouper, and 10 other assorted rockfish with no meter to look at, go figure!

Knot Now
11-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Some of my best spots West (270) don't meter that well, but good on a line test.
Phil