PDA

View Full Version : Yellowtail?

Honeygirl
01-24-2008, 07:20 PM
How come I don't see any reports from you guys that caught those bruiser yellows off LJ. ??? Just busting your guys balls. This winter weather sucks.

Joe

DOGHOUSE26
01-24-2008, 08:55 PM
Joe you were right on a couple of weeks ago; I heard they (the yakkers) were starting to snag eggs on the bottom with their iron; I tried to get my boat back in the water but too much work going. It wasn't a week or 2 later it went off at midweek 30-50# and the traffic pushed it out the following Saturday. A couple of years ago No Slack Mike and I went up there went it started and had a couple of great days there; nothing like cold water hamachi!

NoSlack
01-25-2008, 06:23 AM
WorK, work, work. I haven't had 2 days in a row off since New Years and I burned my day off last Sunday rockcodding.

After 6 months of proding my buddy got his Mex permit so he could go with me, and I couldn't look him in the eye and tell him we were going to La Jolla.

Mike

Honeygirl
01-25-2008, 08:43 AM
At least it's a good mental note for next year. I don't know what the bottom is like of LJ but with all the squid on the bottom the butts have to be close buy. Joe

yellowfin1
01-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I wouldn't put away my yo yo irons just yet. Like in past years the yakkers slam a few fat ones and the word gets out. Next thing you know there are 509 boats in a huddle in LJ cove. Of course the fish go lockjaw while everyone has high expectations. When the bite doesn't materialize in a few days everyone figures the fish are gone. I don't believe that is the case. Last year I thought I missed the bite but, tried it anyways. Was rewarded with a 26 lb fat cold and mean yellow. Like Jeff said, that cold water hamachi is hard to beat.