PDA

View Full Version : 2/8/08

Time Out
02-10-2008, 11:08 AM
Fished the 9 Saturday

We did OK in the 320 foot area no big fish so we moved out to the 420 foot stuff did great picked up 5 Lings 3 over 26 inches largest 7.9 lbs just edged marcs by 1 oz Nice size reds and all the grouper you wanted great day nice breeze just the perfict drift.

Make sure you have your paperwork filled out before you enter the jetti we got checked very nice guy no problems.

Russ

NoSlack
02-10-2008, 03:48 PM
Now that hunting season is over, those DFG guys are all over the bay. They had 3 boats doing checks in Mission Bay on Sunday.

I need to follow you guys out to the Ling zone one of these days. I don't want to finish up another tournament year with a big zero in that slot.

Mike

fireescape
02-10-2008, 09:41 PM
mike... did you give it a try today? zack

NoSlack
02-11-2008, 06:20 AM
Rode with a friend that has no patience for halibut fishing. Managed 2 shorts and one right at 22" before he got board. Back in very early.

Mike

Knot Now
02-11-2008, 07:56 AM
Rode with a friend that has no patience for halibut fishing. Managed 2 shorts and one right at 22" before he got board. Back in very early.

Mike

Mike,
I didn't see you on my boat? :D
IS THERE SOME ELSE THAT GETS BORED?

Phil

PS I did get down to the "NINE" for some fishing.....forgot how nice it can be fishing.....

NoSlack
02-11-2008, 08:08 AM
Believe it or not, you're not alone in the "I'm board club" when it comes to halibut fishing.

Wax on wax off, one more hour my son. Who would have thought all those long days of trolling for trout with my dad would ever pay off. Now I finally get what he was teaching me.

Mike

Al Gagnon
02-11-2008, 08:17 AM
Went to the kelp beds and picked up a 28.5 ling. Forgot the legal size and asked someone on the radio what was the exact size. Out of season till March, not posted in the DFG booklet of regs. We released the varment. A person at shelter Island taking information only, where, what and size, of fish caught, with the DFG, did not know the legal size or if Lings were in season or not. Sorry case of affairs when reps with DFG do not know what is legal or not.. I was going to play a joke with him and say we caught a ling. He just kept writting. That is when I asked him what is a legal size ling. He said not sure, but he was not the Game Warden and not to worry.
Looks like Bill is back at Barnicle Bills working, but he is still not out of the woods>