PDA

View Full Version : Red dye diesel price schock

yellowfin1
03-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Wow,
I just called the old reliable SOCAL Truck Stop to get their price on red dye in anticipation of some upcoming island adventures. To my surprise they are asking $3.77 per gal now. My adventures might just turn get downgraded to some bay fishing mornings. I was hoping to hear something more like $3.00 at the most. Ouch! Maybe the yellowtail and other pelagics will venture into the bay this year? Guess I better get use to yellowfin fishing (croaker that is).

Freespool
03-19-2008, 09:00 AM
That sucks! I am hearing that the Corral is around $2.30 a gallon, can anyone verify this? It might be time to stop there on the way in on the southern trips.

yellowfin1
03-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Good idea! I think I'll head down that way on next opportunity, stay the night at Todos Santos Island, fish the big YT or whatever, fuel up and head back home nice and slow to save fuel.

NoSlack
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
$3.77 is hard to take. On the Red you're only saving 28 cents a gallon over the street fuel. They drop the State and part of the Fed road tax on the Red. Sales tax is still included in the price.

Could be a record year for the amount of halibut I can haul out of the bay.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
03-19-2008, 10:03 AM
Good idea! I think I'll head down that way on next opportunity, stay the night at Todos Santos Island, fish the big YT or whatever, fuel up and head back home nice and slow to save fuel.

Don't lie, we know you're headed down there for the famous twice eaten squid dish you crave, fuel is just the desert!

hijole
03-19-2008, 10:35 PM
$2.30 sounds right in Mexico.
Today I paid $5.60(pesos)/liter in TJ.
That’s $2.10/gallon I can’t remember the exchange rate I bought my pesos so it’s close.

I bought 4 kilos of shrimp for $1032(pesos)/kilo for Friday night. The fresh fish looked great.

LedSled
03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
Thats not bad. I'm looking at 4.60 a gal at the Vallejo Marina in Northern Cal.
Minus my 10% discount. First time I seen diesel higher that gas at the dock.
Going to be a long year, doing more boat projects than fishing.
Ed

hijole
03-31-2008, 02:36 PM
I just filled up in TJ.
94.47 liters at .5731 pesos a liter for $57 US (24.965 gallons)

The guy in front of me (Calif plates) filled up his truck then a large metal container in the bed, about 50 gallons.

I was in San Felipe last week. Lots of US trucks filling up thier trucks and additional tanks in the bed.

Tacos today were great.