PDA

View Full Version : Newbe introduction

Wa Mei
04-06-2008, 04:31 PM
Long time lurker; new member...

Guys, I had enjoyed this site since it started. I love the blackman boats.
Thought long an hard about Sleighter's boat, but wanted something newer.
I am still looking for a late model Outerbank with an inboard configuration.
Not many around so I may have to go new.

I hope I don't get kick out of this site as I currently run a 26' Skipjack with
a KAD43. My wife and I along with our infant son spend most of weekends
around Catalina or San Clemente Island. I do trailer to SD and fish with my
buddies a few times a year.

When I am not fishing, I am lurking the BD board, the Shamrock Owners
club (I owned a Shamrock for 7 years) and this board. I do have to say,
this board and it's members are the reasons I want to own a Blackman.
You guys really go out of your way to help a fellow member. I hope to be
able to contribute and assist when I can.

Alan

Nomad
04-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Welcome Alan! No better 26 on the water, I'm on my second and love the boat!

fireescape
04-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Welcome Alan...... If your over at Cat and see one of us, hail us and say hi...zack FIRE ESCAPE

scuttlebutt
04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Welcome aboard. I took Steve Blackman and one of his prospective buyers out for a run today. On Wednesday he is bringing his wife down to tour the boat. If you are interested in buying a new boat from Steve you are welcome to come out with me anytime. I have a 26 ft Oct 2006 billfisher fully loaded with extras and over $10,000 worth of electronics onboard. If your looking at Marlin, Mako, or paddie hopping the billfisher is the only way to go. You need to be up on the flying bridge to be able to see what is going on. I have boat in slip at MCRD. Tim

Honeygirl
04-07-2008, 09:30 PM
Hey Allen, Welcome
I have a 26 outerbanks That you are welcome on any time. I fish Catalina at least once a week if not more. I am slipped in long beach. I to use to have an Skipjack. I have to say the craftsmanship on my Blackman is second to none. Joe

Wa Mei
04-07-2008, 10:19 PM
Welcome aboard. I took Steve Blackman and one of his prospective buyers out for a run today. On Wednesday he is bringing his wife down to tour the boat. If you are interested in buying a new boat from Steve you are welcome to come out with me anytime. I have a 26 ft Oct 2006 billfisher fully loaded with extras and over $10,000 worth of electronics onboard. If your looking at Marlin, Mako, or paddie hopping the billfisher is the only way to go. You need to be up on the flying bridge to be able to see what is going on. I have boat in slip at MCRD. Tim

Wow! Thanks Tim. I am pretty deadset on the Outerbank, but I will definitely
take you up on your offer.

DOGHOUSE26
04-07-2008, 10:26 PM
Welcome to the board Alan; my best advice would be to talk to as many Outerbanks owners as you can and make sure it's what you and your family really want. That's no slouch ride you have now and I think the Blackman's are a little more "Commercial Duty" than your current boat and a Pilothouse reaffirms that feeling, something your wife might balk at. But you can't go wrong with Blackman !

Wa Mei
04-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Hey Allen, Welcome
I have a 26 outerbanks That you are welcome on any time. I fish Catalina at least once a week if not more. I am slipped in long beach. I to use to have an Skipjack. I have to say the craftsmanship on my Blackman is second to none. Joe

Thanks Joe. I will definitely take you up on your offer. No dead pan here...I will stick around and clean her up after the trip.

Wa Mei
04-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the board Alan; my best advice would be to talk to as many Outerbanks owners as you can and make sure it's what you and your family really want. That's no slouch ride you have now and I think the Blackman's are a little more "Commercial Duty" than your current boat and a Pilothouse reaffirms that feeling, something your wife might balk at. But you can't go wrong with Blackman !

Good advice...the misses and I have gone back and forth on this for awhile
now. She does love what we have and we have spend alot of time setting
her up to our liking. We have a huge bait tank and a back up bait bag. Radar,
GPS, FF, Auto pilot. Hot water shower, enclosed head and holding tank, Radar
Arch with 12 rod holders, Four 6v house battery; 1500W charger/inverter and
the list goes on. Getting a new ride would mean starting that process all over
again, but how fun would that be!

Wa Mei
04-07-2008, 10:42 PM
Welcome Alan...... If your over at Cat and see one of us, hail us and say hi...zack FIRE ESCAPE

Will do...Thanks Zack.

Mac Attack
04-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Welcome Alan:

I am on my 3rd Blackman. A 85 Express,then to a 85 Billfisher, now a 2003 Billfisher. I to will be fishing Catalina and I also spend a lot of time at Santa Barbara Island (what left to fish after the closures). Hope to see you on the water. I am slipped in Marina Del Rey. Lot's of great advice and knowledge on this board. You are also welcome to ride on my boat anytime, but its not an Outerbanks.

Mike

Wa Mei
04-08-2008, 07:58 PM
Welcome Alan:

I am on my 3rd Blackman. A 85 Express,then to a 85 Billfisher, now a 2003 Billfisher. I to will be fishing Catalina and I also spend a lot of time at Santa Barbara Island (what left to fish after the closures). Hope to see you on the water. I am slipped in Marina Del Rey. Lot's of great advice and knowledge on this board. You are also welcome to ride on my boat anytime, but its not an Outerbanks.

Mike

Thanks Mike. You did good with the new ride. I actually spoke to you briefly
late last Summer about your boat. She was off the market when I called.
Thanks for the offer and I will definitely hail you on the radio when I bump
into you...

firebc
04-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi Alan,

If you have any questions about the Outbanks, count me in as a resource. I have a 2003 and I can tell you about he pros and cons.

Phil Silva

Wa Mei
04-14-2008, 05:15 PM
Hi Alan,

If you have any questions about the Outbanks, count me in as a resource. I have a 2003 and I can tell you about he pros and cons.

Phil Silva

Thanks Phil...I am trying to get information from current Outerbank owners
with an inboard set-up as that is my preference...

Do you have an inboard set-up?
If you do, what engine and HP?
What is your cruising and max speed?

Thanks,
Alan

brian_g
05-10-2008, 08:34 AM
Wamei,
Check this boat out!

http://www.yachttraderonline.com/listing/2006-Blackman-Outer-Banks-26-10752200