PDA

View Full Version : 4/13 SD Bay for flatties

Nomad
04-14-2008, 06:19 PM
Not much going on in the way of rockfish so Russ and I headed to the bay to try and scare up a few flatties. After fussing with the bait pump for a few minutes Russ got it primed, we got bait and headed South. Realized the sounder was'nt working (need that furuno now but won't come in until June!). Fiddled with da wires but no joy. So headed to my usual spots to try our luck the old fashion way, you know without electronics! Russ and I managed 3 shorts but it was just to frustrating not being able to meter bait so we called it an early day. Beautiful day, boat ran great. Hope Phantom gets a cancellation and I can get the new unit before Catalina! Either way, called them today to come down and get me operational asap.

yellowfin1
04-16-2008, 12:19 PM
Well gald to hear that at least you got out on the water. Crazy how relient we are on out electronics. Maybe it's better sometimes not to have the fish finder. I can't tell you how many times I saw fish all over the place on that thing and couldn't catch anything.

DOGHOUSE26
04-16-2008, 01:33 PM
The best part about a fishfinder is it tells you where NOT to fish; if it's not on the screen it ain't there; better to look somewhere else! I too have seen many a fish on the meter, but they don't always want to chew. But at least you know you're in the zone!

NoSlack
04-16-2008, 03:37 PM
Hope your new meter comes in before the cat trip. We'll look kinda stupid driving around with me holding your feet and dunking your hear under water to locate them Seabass.

Mike

Professor
04-16-2008, 05:30 PM
Hope your new meter comes in before the cat trip. We'll look kinda stupid driving around with me holding your feet and dunking your hear under water to locate them Seabass.

Mike

Now thats an image that will keep me chuckling for the rest of the evening.

Nomad
04-16-2008, 07:14 PM
Well as long as we're going through all the trouble maybe you can coat me with some chum and I can bring in Mr T while I'm down there. Just pull me in quick if it starts to smell like somebody pumped out the head, it will probably mean the shark is getting really close!

NoSlack
04-16-2008, 07:37 PM
Nothing beats live bait. Way to be a team player.

Mike