PDA

View Full Version : 4/20-21-22 Out of Oceanside

Freespool
04-22-2008, 05:28 PM
Had a few days off so I got a slip in Oceanside. The plan was to head down to LJ on sunday and monday but I got off to a late start on sunday. Got there at noon and the bait dock was closed so I stayed close and fished plastic's and gulp for halibut. Caught 4 shorts.

Monday a buddy of mine came down and we headed out after getting a nice scoop of sardines. Once outside I decided to head north (due to conditions) and fish for rock-cod. We had a steady pick of 3-5 pounders until about 1:00. By then the water got nice and flat but we couldn't hold bottom with 2# of led. Then we fished the artificial reef's and found no one home. The water was looking cleaner but still green and the temp was 55-58.

Now for the good news. There was bait balls every ware to many to count. Saw one thresher on the surface and two mako's. Witch caught me totally unprepared.

Today I had to be home by noon. So I headed out and got some macks for next saturday when I will be looking for Mr. T. Conditions today were flat and calm.

NoSlack
04-22-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the report Pat. It's about time the T's started to show.

I took a look at the lunar fishing calendar and the weekend only rates 26 out of 100. With the word getting out I'm sure a lot of guys will be out targeting the T's. Unfortunately for me I'll be working so I won't be able to see first hand if a fish that is notorious for biting on the slack after a big tide swing will bite on a weekend like this.

If you're going to take a shot at them, be on station for the morning slack, the rest of the day looks pretty weak.

Mike

http://members.cox.net/noslack/tide_8592.bmp

Freespool
04-22-2008, 08:25 PM
That is our plan so far. The problem is going to be getting the depth correct. The one I saw was in 90' and some of the second hand sightings have been in the 300'-600' range. I guess we will just cover the spectrum.
P.S. Mike the electric brakes are working extremely well, no problems to date.