PDA

View Full Version : 6/5/2008 fuel

NoSlack
06-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Bought fuel today at the truck stop in National City.
$4.47 for off road diesel, down 10 cents form yeasterday
$4.79 for road diesel, down 15 cents from yesterday.

Mike

Time Out
06-06-2008, 08:50 AM
OK Mike I know you have been sitting in your work shop with a pad and pencil (thinking) long and hard on how to make Bio fuel just let us know how much money you need. :cool:

Russ

NoSlack
06-06-2008, 03:53 PM
I looked into it when fuel crested $2.50 a gallon and thought it wasn't worth the hassle. Starting to re-think the whole thing again.

The real down fall is the waist stream you generate. I hear it's as much as 10%, and making 200 gallons a month would leave you with 20 gallons of vegetable sludge to dispose of.

I know these engines will run on any type of light oil or even straight vegetable oil if it's warmed to 160 degrees. When diesel broke 3 bucks for the first time I ran one of the Mercedes for a month on 50/50 blend of diesel and canola oil I bought at Costco. The only difference I notice was a rougher idle on start-up before the car warmed up.

Mike

p.s. we had 30,000 gallons of fuel delivered at work today and it was less than $3.50 a gallon. It's the same company making the deliveries that runs the truck stop where I pain $4.47 yesterday, so it looks like the fuel company is still making a good profit at the pump.

hijole
06-06-2008, 04:43 PM
I know everyone hates waiting at the border. if you time it right the wait can be short, probably 45 minutes to an hour. People wait 2 hours daily to come to work without any complaints. if it's the safety thing I guess I'll offer to take some first timers on an early morning or late evening run. I'm going right now to fill up.

Professor
06-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I know everyone hates waiting at the border. if you time it right the wait can be short, probably 45 minutes to an hour. People wait 2 hours daily to come to work without any complaints. if it's the safety thing I guess I'll offer to take some first timers on an early morning or late evening run. I'm going right now to fill up.

45 minutes! You have to remember I'm a gringo and I don't wait well. My third for Cataina just bailed out, you should go. I'll burn MX diesel the whole time even if it is refined in CA.

hijole
06-09-2008, 10:52 AM
The CA trucks continue to fill up large fuel cells in the back of thier trucks. At the Pemex in Otay the attendant claims that they have a special filtering system only used in about 5 stations in TJ. When I went this weekend the wait in the regular line was about 15 cars.