PDA

View Full Version : Another Blackman Owner

Heron
06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
I just had my 2006 Outer Banks delivered to Marina Village J dock. I look forward to being a part of this great community. I started ocean fishing as a deck hand during the summers at H&M 35 years ago. I love the ocean and fishing. I have always dreamed of owning a boat and it has finally happened. I have a lot to learn, especially about caring for a fine boat, and really appreciate having a resource such as this available. I can only imagine the total engine hours of this membership. I look forward to being an active member of this community and meeting many of you.

Freespool
06-13-2008, 08:42 PM
Welcome abord, and yes there is alot to learn. I personaly have been boating and fishing on private boats for over 35 years and the learning process never stops. It just gets more expensive.

Malu Lani
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Welcome to J dock nice ride.

Time Out
06-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Welcome to J dock Cant wait to see your new ride

Russ Hughes

Knot Now
06-14-2008, 02:14 PM
Welcome to the neighborhood.....

Phil

Laura Mei
06-14-2008, 09:13 PM
Welcome!

DOGHOUSE26
06-15-2008, 09:08 PM
Hope to meet you on the dock in the next week or so, watch out for those Time Out boys; they think every new arrival on J dock is a new parts boat, for once be thankful you have a Volvo Outdrive not Yanmar shaft!

Time Out
06-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Don`t lisen to anything Jeff tells you. As I recall Charlie found his dock rollers in your dock box Jeff and it was never proven who was removing the bolts from you bow pulpit finger prints don`t count you could have planted them.

Russ

hijole
06-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Don't be surprised if a large blow-up doll shows up on a bunk.

Heron
06-17-2008, 04:01 PM
Let me see if I am getting the message: I need to inspect my boat every time and make sure nothing is missing. If it is, look further down the dock for the item or a replacement. If there are any extra items show up on my boat, pass them along to other unsuspecting victim in the neighborhood. Is there anything else I need to know to survive amongst this Blackman community? billf

Nomad
06-17-2008, 07:53 PM
If it's missing, check Jeff's dock box. If it isn't yours (ie: blow up doll) return it to Russ on the Time Out. If you find tequilla on your boat, call me, I always have margarita mix onboard right next to the ditch bag (not sure which one I'll grab in an emergency). Saw your boat today, nice ride. Need to start having some BBq's on J dock.

DOGHOUSE26
06-17-2008, 09:37 PM
Time Out was the only Blackman made WITHOUT a bow pulpit; if the bolts look loose on your pulpit beware ! The only thing holding them back is how to camoflage the switched railings on your boat and theirs!

Charlie is desparately seeking a new Furuno System to get him by until the new latest greatest Furuno all in ones are released to the general public. The transducer he installed is compatable with 2006 and later models. Take your electronics home with you.

You're somewhat safe in the fact that your sister ship Fire Escape is rather well maintained and doesn't really need a thing. However Firechief Phil has been known to rape you of your spare oil and coolant onboard so you might need to run to Home Depot and buy those 4" galvanized hasps and padlocks for your storage hatches; don't bother with stainless they will rust too!

Phil on Knot Now is looking for a new RADAR unit to replace the one he has now; is current unit evidently doesn't give a clear enough picture in broad daylight to signal when Knot Now is too close to another boat off his stern.

Rob's Malu Lani on the end is always looking for new zincs on the outdrive; his seem to last only 14 days on average since he's right next to the megayachts on the end tie drawing 50 amps @240 volts to keep their bubbly cold in the icebox. Since the props have to come off to get to the zincs, you'll probably lose those too.

Pepe on the Hijole used to be on our dock but he left after one season. We kept trying to convince him the men waiting at the end of the dock were DFG cops wanting to check our catch; he said people in green uniforms gave him the creeps, they should be watching the border anyway, and he always got back in his boat and took off! I think he just went out into the middle of the bay and played with the special PFD we gave him, it's the only one he said that fit around his neck just as good as it went around his waist and it kept him pumping above water all the time!

If you ever run short of tackle though, stop by the No Bad Days and open the fish hold, there's more tackle in there than at Squidco and the price is right! Don Whaley is the only sane captain of the bunch; he stays that way by arriving in the dark and leaving in the dark so we dont corrupt him!

Charlie's right, Margarita Days are here and you don't want to miss them it's alot of fun! Just don't plan on driving home the same night !

Freespool
06-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Note to self: If i get a slip on J dock increase insurance coverage and invest in more locks. Also keep lots of cash on hand for cab fare.

Nomad
06-18-2008, 05:52 AM
Whoever borrowed the bolt cutters from my dock box, please return them. I may need them one night soon!

Freespool
06-18-2008, 06:10 AM
They are being held as evidence.

Time Out
06-18-2008, 08:28 AM
Ok Jeff the only blow up doll ever seen on J dock was on Doghouse

Russ:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p

http://www.bocapix.com/data/576/medium/Fish_015.jpg

Knot Now
06-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Phil on Knot Now is looking for a new RADAR unit to replace the one he has now; is current unit evidently doesn't give a clear enough picture in broad daylight to signal when Knot Now is too close to another boat off his stern.
Good one Jeff.......
This is especially funny if you know that I am famous for going a little too fast and not looking behind me.

Actually, I found a New Radar last year....and I "found" a B260 1KW wideband transducer this year and just got her installed in time for the cruise to CAT. It would be fun to compare the differances between my Raymarine E120 system and Charlie's Furuno System.

Fuel cost may have done what nature could not, slowed me down. On the trip to Cat, I went 200 mile with a average speed 5.3 kt......Only problem is the top speed went up to 37.9 Kts OOPS. Must be a problem with the GPS.

DOGHOUSE26
06-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Phil,

Did you notice any difference in the new transducr?

Heron
06-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Phil,
Where did you mount that E120? I have been thinking of getting one for my boat. Doesn't seem like there is room for one on the upper console. So must mount on dash? bill

Knot Now
06-21-2008, 09:27 PM
Jeff,
I went from a 600 watt furuno 582 color to the 300DSM and B260...
There is a huge difference in the two set-ups. I still am learning the software of the E120, but the last three days helped a lot.

Bill,
I mounted the system to the right of the engine control at a slight angle as far to the stern as possible and still allow me to get a water bottle out of the recessed cup holder I mounted in the little shelf in the dash. I am going to mount an additional station on the left.

PS: If you want me to demo my system, We can go fishing....
Phil

Nomad
06-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Had an E120/DSM300 system on my Riviera and it was a great system. Remember to shut down power the the DSM module at the end of the day or it will wear out the ducer.