PDA

View Full Version : Source for mex permits

Import Manager
05-09-2004, 09:37 AM
#0, Source for mex permits
Posted by sharkwaters on Jun-06-02 at 09:58 PM

I need info on where to buy a mexican water boat permit and fishing license. I'm in orange county.
Thanks Bob TUNACIOUS

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Source for mex permits
Posted by SBSRF on Jun-07-02 at 05:58 AM
In response to message #0

Bob, when i bought my boat I used an agency to document the Grebe. It takes 5 minutes to get the Mexican boat fishing lic and personal lic. the name is Dona Jenkins Maritime document service. 619-223-2279 fax 619-223-1002 / 1050 Rosecrans st Suite 3 San Diego, 92106. They make it short and painless. You can also pick up a crew list if you're putting into a Mexican port. I believe they can do it all by way of fax.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Source for mex permits
Posted by sharkwaters on Jun-09-02 at 02:35 PM
In response to message #1

Steve,Thanks for the info. Our boat was already documented, so we transferred the title through the financing company. There is a place in Newport that can get the documents, but they more than double the price. I'll give them a call. We plan to get into Mexican waters this year, and don't want to risk a problem for a few extra dollars. One more question. Are you required to fly a U.S. and Mexico flag when in Mexican waters? I see a few large vessels in D.P. flying the flags>
Thanks Bob TUNACIOUS

#3, Do it by mail
Posted by NoSlack on Jun-09-02 at 04:59 PM

Get them from the source with no mark up. Call them to get the current prices then do it by mail. Also ask if you need to send a copy you boat registration or documentation with the form.
The link below is a PDF of the form and instructions.

Mike
http://members.cox.net/noslack/mexican-permit-form.pdf

#4, RE: Source for mex permits
Posted by Hijole on Jun-12-02 at 06:47 AM

The info NoSlack gave was very good. Great job on providing the form. You should call before you send it since they do raise the price often.
I would only add that you can buy your cashiers check at your local 7-11 if you send for it by mail or go in person. The cashiers check cost me $1.50 a block from the Mexican Pesca office in SD at a 7-11. Washington Mutal across the street wanted $10.