PDA

View Full Version : PW'd (Power Winched that is).

yellowfin1
09-10-2008, 09:56 PM
What up BOCA? I'm kind of excited as I just finally got my new anchor winch! Ok, I'm not as excited as Jeff (Dog House..new bitchin engine). I've been penny pinching lately but, have really been wanting a good deal on the power winches. Finally I found a brand new one at West Marine which was a display model and had no box and a few scratches. It was marked down from $759 to $499. Good but, I didn't want to pay that much so I asked for the manager and pointed out the scratches and the fact that it has been on the mark down shelf for over a month. Asked her if she could go any lower. Surprisingly she went to $250 out the door! Now Tenacious has a new Power Winch 1000 and I won't have to break a sweat when getting U/W. Sometimes patience pay off.

DOGHOUSE26
09-10-2008, 11:00 PM
That's my next must have! What size wire do we need to run the motor and do you have a foot switch or just a toggle on the bridge?

brian_g
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Is there a difference between and anchor winch and a windlass or are those just interchangeable terms?

yellowfin1
09-11-2008, 12:19 PM
Brian,
I believe that the term windlass refers to the device that actually has teeth on the wheel and pulls the line up and allows the line and even the chain to free fall through the hawspipe and into the anchor line storage compartment. A winch is just a device that has a wheel that you can wrap the line around (usually 1-2 bights) and it pulls the line in while you free hand the slack and drop it down the hawspipe manually. I think I got that right.

Jeff,
I believe that the wires are 10 AWG.

yellowfin1
09-11-2008, 12:23 PM
Whoops, I forgot to answer the other question Jeff.

I do not have the foot or toggle switch on the unit. As it is I have to go to electrical switch in the V-birth to turn it on/off. The remote switches and associated stuff cost extra. I'll get that next. The foot switch would be cool.