PDA

View Full Version : Long turm storage

Time Out
09-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Boats comming out of the water for a year or so

Any pointers for storing the boat long turm?

What should I flush her with ?

Anything need to be removed ?

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
09-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Russ don't hit the panic button yet, wait until there's a pic of a stockbroker on the cover of Newsweek jumping off a skyscraper !

What should I flush her with ?

A mixture 50/50 of water and coolant is what my manual says.

Anything need to be removed ?

Not if you're going to Blackman's, it will get done for you! ( I had to say it!)

NoSlack
09-20-2008, 06:40 PM
Don't forget about the fuel system. A little addative to keep the bugs from growing wouldn't hurt.

Mike

hijole
09-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Que paso?

Sorry I haven't been keeping up with the web site. Unfortuanely with work I get to the point that I don't want to turn the computer on at home.

Russ, if it's the price of diesel let me knowl. I had a friend follow me to the Otay crossing this morning. He only had a 1/2 hour wait. I can show you how I pump it out. Let me know.

Time Out
09-21-2008, 05:43 PM
No the price has been coming down. Its work (there is none) what I do for a living is going to be slow for the next few years.

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
09-21-2008, 09:26 PM
Aw come on Russ, a couple of weeks at the gym and you and Marc can go back to those private parties where you only wore a black bow tie on top of the head table and make easy money - AGAIN!

yellowfin1
09-22-2008, 12:31 PM
Russ,

Sorry to hear that times is a tough for ya. Good luck for times things to start looking up. It's tough to sacrifice the things we love to do. I know that it cannot replace those beautiful days on the boat but, there can be some decent surf fishing round here. Or you coud surely pitch in a few ducks for fuel and ride along on the Tenacious.

Time Out
09-22-2008, 05:11 PM
Thanks Scott
I hope I can hitch a ride with you guys, Can't stop fishing thats to much to ask of anyone.

Russ

yellowfin1
09-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Absolutely Russ,
Just check your PM's and the board and we'll get you out there.

DOGHOUSE26
09-23-2008, 12:20 PM
The thought of Russ playing "Cabin Boy" really gets the mind off track!