PDA

View Full Version : 9/24 fished the mud

NoSlack
09-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Shot out to the Whistler for a couple quick Reds then back in the bay for some more halibut. Fished it from 8 am to 1 pm for 10 shorts, a #10 righty and a #13.5 lefty. The #10 came just as the tide was starting to move and was covered in mud on the bottom side(not actively feeding). The #13 came an hour later in an area holding bait, was clean on the bottom side and hit like a freight train(active feeder).

Looks like the fall bite is starting early. Zack worked north of me over the past week and reported great fishing on the flat kind.

Mike

http://www.bocaboard.com/data/510/10_13.JPG

DOGHOUSE26
09-24-2008, 04:42 PM
Very nice Mike But I thought you'd be spending your spare time getting the hoops ready!

NoSlack
09-24-2008, 04:49 PM
That's what I have a brother in-law for. I just show up with my bag of bait and head home with my lobster once the skiff hits the trailer. It don't get any better than that.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
09-25-2008, 01:29 PM
We've got a little side bet going this year:

No Slack Mike will have to buy another Lobster Report Card By:

End of September

Second Week in October

Third Week in October

Fourth Week in October

Fifth Week in October

Fiirst week in November............

NoSlack
09-25-2008, 05:02 PM
I bought my first one today and let me fill you in on the scam they've got going.

1) We all know we are taking all the data and paying for the privilege to do the research they tried to do last year but failed miserably.

2) Price on the card is $7.90. I paid $7.50 at the DFG office and I hear some tackle shops are charging $8.50.

3) the thing is made out of that same crappy paper your license is. Good luck writing on with wet hands and not having the ink run.

4) For those with failing eye sight, by a magnifying glass so you can read all the codes on the back and enter then in one of the 280 1/4" squares on the front.

5) And the best for last. They write your fishing license number on the card when you buy it. Guess what happens on December 31 when your license exspires? So does your card! Break out another $7.50 for the second half of the season. I supose you could use it for the first half of the next season if you don't lose it over the summer.

Mike

Freespool
09-25-2008, 05:35 PM
I bought my first one today and let me fill you in on the scam they've got going.

1) We all know we are taking all the data and paying for the privilege to do the research they tried to do last year but failed miserably.

2) Price on the card is $7.90. I paid $7.50 at the DFG office and I hear some tackle shops are charging $8.50.

3) the thing is made out of that same crappy paper your license is. Good luck writing on with wet hands and not having the ink run.

4) For those with failing eye sight, by a magnifying glass so you can read all the codes on the back and enter then in the 1/4" squares on the front.

5) And the best for last. They write your fishing license number on the card when you buy it. Guess what happens on December 31 when your license exspires? So does your card! Break out another $7.50 for the second half of the season. I supose you could use it for the first half of the next season if you don't lose it over the summer.

Mike

I got mine last week and yes it is very poorly designed. As for #4 wait till you try to reed it in a low light situation like oh let me see at NIGHT when you need to use it. It will have to reside in a one gallon zip-lock bag when in use or else it will be destroyed in one trip.