PDA

View Full Version : Bait Pump

Import Manager
05-09-2004, 09:40 AM
Bait Pump
Posted by Pez Mago on Jun-01-03 at 08:38 AM

Replacing my bait pump on my Blackman 26, I'm courious what other's have used with good results. I tried a Shurflo 1100, but the presure was lacking; the tank took 25 minutes to fill...?? a redtop 1100 wasn't any better??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#1, RE: Bait Pump
Posted by NoSlack on Jun-01-03 at 11:02 AM
In response to message #0

I'm on my second ShurFlo 1100. The first one just crapped out afer 6 years and over 1000 hours on it. I recommend making the discarge hose 1 1/8", and make sure it slopes up going to the tank. I had a little trouble getting the first on primed until I took all the low loops out of the hose going to the tank.
My fill time is now in the 8-10 minute range, and I never have a problem with the bait going belly up.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#2, RE: Bait Pump
Posted by Pez Mago on Jun-01-03 at 11:25 AM
In response to message #1

I installed and ran the identical pump yesterday,,,,low flow!! Long fill. One question are you filling a blackman tank, mine I guess is standard tank around 50 -60 gallons. The hose is not kinked. Thanks

#3, RE: Bait Pump
Posted by NoSlack on Jun-01-03 at 01:29 PM
In response to message #2

I have on of the original Blackman bait tanks with the water inlet coming straight up from the middle of the tank. When I turn the pump on it shoots water up through the strainer 24" in the air.
Check your suction strainer for blockage. If your boat is in the slip the worm coral could have plugged it up.

Mike

http://members.cox.net/noslack/tank.JPG

#4, RE: Bait Pump
Posted by DOGHOUSE26 on Jun-01-03 at 10:15 PM
In response to message #3

I have always used a Centripuppy and I typically get 3-5 years out of them. In fact, they only go bad when I pull the boat out of the water for an extended time for major repair work. Quiet pump, fills standard Blackman tank in 8-12 minutes. $110- 150 for the commercial grade At San Diego Marine exchange.