PDA

View Full Version : Looking for your old VP parts, please.

Sleigher1
10-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Well I'm back, sorta.
I sold my wonderful Longfin to Charlie who classed her up with a new engine and all kinds of electronics. I doubt that I will even recognize her anymore. Anyways, I stumbled onto a deal for a Parker that I couldn't pass up even though I had sworn off boats.
She needs some TLC and a lot of friggin work in the electronics area. First off all the gauge bezels are busted and I'm not sure if the gauges are working at all or just need uncorroding of their terminals.
I know a number of you have re-powered so If you would like to make a few bucks on your old gauges and or other 41 series parts I could sure use the help.
Thanks in advance.
And I know that this isn't the Parker site but you guys were always good to me when I was a Blackman owner.

Peter

fireescape
10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Peter..... what are you looking for? I have a spare 41 that i pulled out last year. zack

Sleigher1
10-14-2008, 10:54 AM
Zack,
I need (probably) All the gauges including a tach and the trim control for the outdrive.
I'm not sure yet if the gauges are good or bad I have to clean up all the terminals and wires. I do know that all of the bezels are broken. I think the bezels hold the cover in place.
Just an FYI, I know that used 41s have recently sold for as much as 6k. But they probably didn't need the gauges and stuff.

Thanks,

Peter

Honeygirl
10-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Pete, I have a full set of electronics I just pull from my boat, everything works great, and I will make you a hell of a deal. Furuno 582L F.F., Furuno 1715 radar with radome, garmin 182c with so-cal chart card. All cables included. It’s a plug and play system. Joe 562-810-9718.

NoSlack
10-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Joe

I'll take the garmin if Peter dosn't need it. Name your price and we'll square up at the BBQ.

Mike

iclypso
10-20-2008, 07:56 AM
Peter,
I thought Parkers only came with outboards; did you find an inboard powered one? Or are you just putting in VP electronics?

Knot Now
10-20-2008, 10:48 AM
Peter,
I thought Parkers only came with outboards; did you find an inboard powered one? Or are you just putting in VP electronics?

I think they changed to outboards only about 7 years ago.
Phil

Sleigher1
10-20-2008, 02:13 PM
Hi Dan,
Parker used to install diesels. I've even seen some straight shaft models.
I don't know how long ago they decided to just do outboards but there are still some diesels around.
Joe- you should sell you gps to Mike. I won't have any money for a while.
I won't know what exactly I will need until I get the boat on this coast.
P