PDA

View Full Version : 2009 rule changes?

NoSlack
11-20-2008, 06:54 AM
http://members.cox.net/noslack/2009BestoftheBestBlackmanOwnersTournamentrules.htm

I'm thinking about some rule changes for 09.

The boundaries will be opened up to include anywhere you can tow or pilot your boat with the trip starting and ending from your home port.

Halibut will change to California Halibut and a much larger Pacific Halibut could be use as your wildcard.

What do we do about Salmon? Will it be closed again this year? I'm thinking about leaving it in as I know Just 4 Fun plans on fishing them, even if that means towing back to Canada.

Mike

Time Out
11-20-2008, 12:34 PM
Sounds like you thought this out Mike I'm OK with the changes

I dont completly understand the leave from home and return will this help the guys up North or the guys trailering up North. If so thats great

Russ

Knot Now
11-20-2008, 01:11 PM
"Wildcard entry, any fish not on the list, excluding skates, rays, Molas or sharks.”

Isn't this a change from previous years? ....when it was any fish not caught by another "Blackman angler" (excluding skates, rays, Molas or sharks.”) i.e. if two were caught that species was no longer eligible as a wild card.

either way is OK with me.

Phil

NoSlack
11-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Russ

My thoughts on leaving from home port and returning would protect us from a guy that keeps his boat in Kona and catches a #200 YTF and a marlin and all but ending the tourney for the rest of us. Maybe I need to word it better to make that clear. Toss in some words about home port on the US west coast to keep us on a level playing field.

I want to encouage guys like Yale who run way south and Andy for his effort on trailering to BC.

Phil

Any fish caught by anyone on your boat counts towards the total. Wildcard fish cover all the wierd stuff we don't have a slot for. I excluded skates, ray, mola and the non gamefish sharks because they are not game fish in my opinion. This has been unchanged for a few years now.

We can kick around all this stuff at the BBQ and make the final call on the rules there.

Mike

NoSlack
11-20-2008, 02:11 PM
DELETED: double post