PDA

View Full Version : 12/21 quicky cod trip

NoSlack
12-21-2008, 03:57 PM
Left the house at 7am, back on the trailer before noon and home in time to see the end of the chargers game.

Some side notes: Weather was great and the fish bit good on some spots I haven't fished in years.

Mike

http://bocaboard.com/data/noslack/dec21.jpg

Time Out
12-22-2008, 08:33 AM
Good going Mike you snuck in before this weather hit

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
12-22-2008, 11:30 AM
Well I didn't see you up @ Del Mar Sunday, must have been farther south. We didn't do Jack up there, but did manage a few quality reds and some smallish junk fish on the bumps straight out 5 miles from MB to fill up a request for fish tacos over the holidays. Nice flat ocean to work with although it's supposed to build all week, maybe 6-10'.

NoSlack
12-22-2008, 12:55 PM
I went out of SD and fished some rocks on the south side of the canyon. I did try some deep stuff in the area Pepe was talking about at the BBQ but it didn't bite. Sure looked good on the meter but I remember him saying it always looks good and you have to wait it out and the bite will go off.

After checking out two of my shallower spots, I had my ten fish and didn't need to go back the deep area.

I was planning on a couple more trips this week but it looks like it's going to blow for the next 4 or 5 days.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
12-22-2008, 02:24 PM
Maybe Saturday for me on the lower 9.

How long are you supposed to wait it out @ 100 fathoms? I'll try it twice then my ADS kicks in it's off to another location!

And no, I didn't leave the "I" out smart asses!