PDA

View Full Version : 12/27 More cod

NoSlack
12-27-2008, 03:40 PM
Good cold offshore breeze for the first few hours, but that's when the fish wanted to bite. Hit up the same area below the canyon for a steady pick on the Bank and Greenspoted rockfish.

Done by 10am when the weather was just starting to get nice. metered around for a couple hours and headed in by noon. The weather at noon was as good as it gets and Sunday should be real nice for those going out before the game.

Mike

Try and get out again monday, if any one else is out give me call.

Old Blue
12-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Sounds like a great day of bottom fishing to me! Even sounds like you managed some catching too! Did you meter into any deep water? See anything that looks like it needs further investigation? Try any red spots?

It sounds like a nice peaceful day messing around on a boat, it's good to hear you got out.

NoSlack
12-28-2008, 06:25 AM
Brian

Did a little looking around deep but didn't find anything that wanted to bite. Next week I plan on working below N Island on some spots that use to produce good numbers of reds in the past.

Shooting for Monday and Wednesday and if the wind blows on Monday, it will be Tuesday and Wednesday.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
12-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Thanks for the report Mike, it's Wednesday for me with some folks from Colorado; I'm thinking Lower 9 for some big stinkys, I'll check for Reds too. I'd go sooner but Bolts game today, Holiday Bowl & Golf Tuesday, which leaves only Monday to get the tax liability down, it's going to be busy!