PDA

View Full Version : Day 2, More Coddin Jan,2

Old Blue
01-03-2009, 10:58 AM
Had another great day on the water fishing the cod. Took Nathan with me for some more rockfishing. Tried to find some macks for ling bait near the harbor but that didn't pan out so went to plan B. Wasn't rigged for catching dabs for bait so tried tip of north island. All we found there was the blacksmiths, time for plan C. The shrimp flies tipped with squid along w regular baited hooks were keeping us busy. No reds today for us but plenty of the Bank RF and a few of the whitefish, flags, starries, greenspot and greenstripe. Nathan had a good time and stayed too busy to get sick;) . Great full throttle sea conditions with good vis and low to no wind combined with a slightly better grade of fish. First event free trip in a while :) .

Royal Hook
01-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Gotta love those event free trips. Finally got my motor back together after breaking off an intake valve more than a year ago. Sea trials planned for Monday. Lets keep our fingers crossed.

DOGHOUSE26
01-09-2009, 10:07 PM
God I love those event free trips ! Hope you're on your way Royal Hook!

NoSlack
01-10-2009, 08:25 AM
Mike

If your shake down run goes well, you'll have to trailer down and run with Brian and I. We can't let Scott know we're getting together or he'll call it the antique road show or the twilight years tour.

Old boats rule, good luck on Monday

Mike