PDA

View Full Version : Slip fees "Skyrocket"

Mac Attack
02-13-2009, 04:35 PM
Wow!!!

$140.00 per month increase for $340 to $480. Just when I thought things might settle down a bit. What are you guys paying down south? I am in Marina Del Rey. Diesel at the fuel dock here $3.17 gallon, a little south in San Pedro, $1.80.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
02-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Jesus Cristo ! In Mission Bay we're paying $306; I haven't bought any fuel recently, the last time before XMAS was $2.27. I don't care how much a pain in the ass it would be but $500/month and I'm back on the trailer! Probably $400 a month trailer time too with as much work as I've been getting lately! I bet that will thin out the waiting list for 26-28' slips in your marina. Did they give a reason or did the marina change ownership?

Freespool
02-14-2009, 07:18 AM
OUCH! Three years ago in Oceanside I was paying $198 per month for a 28' slip. I an sure it has gone up but not any whare neer $480.

Mac Attack
02-14-2009, 12:02 PM
For some reason LA County is choosing to eliminate most of the smaller boat slips. I knew something was up after they refused to renew my year lease soon after a bought the Patron from Yale. I have been in this slip for 3 yrs. now, never late on a payment and keep my boat in tip top shape. My dock is due for remodel and I am sure that is the reason. I have found another slip just off the main channel and a stones throw from the bait dock for the same price of $480 per month, apparently my boat is too long for a 25' slip so I am in a 30'.
I always fish south when its time to refuel and hit San Pedro on the way back. The problem is thats it's a 5 minute bike ride from my house to my slip and San Pedro is 40-45 minutes away by car. If I moved it to San Pedro my numerous twilight trips would more than likely go away. If I put it back on the trailer, well my wife won't be happy and I don't need to explain that one. So I quess I am stuck with putting up the dough. Looking forward to trailering South for the tuna season.

Thanks for listening

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
02-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Who says the government is full of crooks?

Bastards!

Honeygirl
02-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Mike, I thought that boat was for sale? What gives??? Come over to my marina $280 a month and pedro is a short haul at 1.89 a gallon. Joe

Mac Attack
02-14-2009, 03:14 PM
I was definitely on the fence about selling, but my wife and kids talked me out of it, we have had just too many good times. What marina are you at Joe? Lost another great guy to OCFA this last week. Hope to see you at Cat. here real soon, I need all the help I can get when it comes to seabass.

Mike

noquestion25
02-14-2009, 09:25 PM
I feel your pain

Josh

DOGHOUSE26
02-15-2009, 10:55 PM
Mike, I thought that boat was for sale? What gives??? Come over to my marina $280 a month and pedro is a short haul at 1.89 a gallon. Joe

Get Back, Get Back, HOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT DOOOOOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's Up Joe? Talked to Mike a couple of weeks ago he says you're at it again.

Honeygirl
02-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Jeff, I had the dock problem taken care of the boat next to me was using an automotive batter charger to charge up his batters. Soon as this rain stops I will be back at the island.

Mike, I am at Cerritos Bahia Marina, nice, quiet and no sail boats.

NoSlack
02-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Joe

Did I forward some info on galvanic isolation to you? There was an artical in the Boat U.S. magazine that's worth reading.

http://www.boatus.com/seaworthy/galvanic/default.asp

One bad neighbor can eat up the whole dock.

Mike

Honeygirl
02-17-2009, 08:05 AM
Mike, Ya I got it, I installed one just to be on the safe side. Joe

Professor
02-17-2009, 08:31 PM
You havn't lived until you've tied up at Marina Coral. Like a Habanero pepper.

Has anyone gone fishing? I've had to delay/cancel two trips now due to this weather. March it's off to San Martin/ Colonet and April to San Martin / Jeronimo for a fish and surf trip. The others surf and fish, I just fish. I only jump out of the boat to cut lobster trap lines out of the screws.