PDA

View Full Version : 2/22 Boat still floats

NoSlack
02-22-2009, 12:59 PM
After a month of overtime and rainy weekend I finally got a chance to get the boat out.

Not being sure what the weather was going to be today, I didn't leave the house until 7 with a loose plan to fish rockfish and a back up plan to stay in the bay and work on my bounce ball technique.

Weather looked good on the outside so I ran out to the area Brian and I fished last month with some good success. First few drifts only produced one fish so I move to the outside to check out the rock that holds Greenspots.

With the wind pushing the boat around it took me a couple shots before I hit the pay off. 3 or 4 fish a drop once I got on the spot. Finished up with a limit of miscellaneous rockfish by 10am and headed in.

The DFG fish counter at the ramp was very knowledgeable and showed me some info that makes me think what I was calling Bank Rockfish is really a Speckled Rockfish. Learn something new every time out.

Mike

Professor
02-22-2009, 07:29 PM
A fish report!!!!! Good job Mike. The weather break is more than welcome. We’re heading south Tuesday evening for 4 days at Colonet. Lots of lead and heavy jigs.

NoSlack
02-22-2009, 09:06 PM
I jealous Yale. 4 days on the water. I can't get 4 day a month off, much less 4 in a row. Fishing should be great down there. Lots of good reports of big reds and lings coming in over the past month.

Mike

Professor
02-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Looking forward to the trip. The Apollo had a 20# cow cod this weekend. It's been a while since I've seen one in that league. Got the camera and scale ready to go.

Royal Hook
03-09-2009, 05:30 PM
Hey Mike
Glade to see ya got the chance to get out and gets some taco meat.
Got a few hours on the my rebuild and it's a go. Ready to make some taco meat myself but I'd feel alot more comfortable with a buddy boat around until I get the real good feeling about the motor. let me know the next time your heading out and i'll tag along, if ya don't mind. Us BO with the pre 80s boats need to stick together.
Mike

NoSlack
03-09-2009, 07:29 PM
If things go well at work on Tuesday, I'm going to try and get out Wenesday 3/11. Plan would be to hit up La Jolla for the gray light and move up to the rockcod spot off Torrey later in the morning.

Weekends off are going to be few and far between for me this spring. I'll let ya know the first chance I get to get out on a weekend.

Mike

yellowfin1
03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
Mike,
I'll look for you on the water tomorrow (Wednesday). Unfortnuately, I'll be getting a late start. I probably won't be on the water until 7:00 AM.
Scott

NoSlack
03-10-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm pushing it back a day. Should be on the water Thursday.

Mike