PDA

View Full Version : Old Blue

Nomad
05-15-2004, 08:57 PM
Did the Old Blue get a big albie at the 302 today? If so lets hear the report!

Old Blue
05-15-2004, 11:29 PM
Well sorry Charlie, no albacore in this report. Shook out the bugs -literally, and had my 8 yr old and his friend remove the bouganvillia leaves and flowers from inside. After a pony league game some work in the yard and rounding up the life jackets etc, etc, etc we finally headed down to the ramp at about 5pm (only about 14-16 hrs late). Put her in the water and she started up just fine.

Only one problem during startup - 8 yr old boys being 8 yr old boys my son just had to pretend he was diving off the dock. Well he pretended so well that he just went a little to far and into the drink he went!. I turned around just in time to see his buddy Andrew doing everything he could to help him get back onto the dock. After about 4 or 5 attempts he finally managed to scramble back up on the dock just as a passing police officer screached to a halt and ran down the dock to help. Having just gotten the boat started I watched the action from the cockpit (Nathan knows how to swim) and thanked the officer for his response.

The rest of the evening held a run to the bait dock to watch the bait boats unload into the barge and to bum a couple of pieces of bait for the boys to play with (for educational purposes), and a run to look at the aircraft carriers with a closeup cruise around the Midway at the foot of Broadway that wowed the boys with its size, then a look at the Star of India and the Surprise which is a cool pirate looking old sailing vessel and finally a stop at the Harbor Island Fuel dock to fill up with $2.05 / gallon fuel before a return to the trailer. Nathan was really happy to get into the truck what with its heater and all ;) and we headed home after a succesful spring shakedown cruise.

If I'm lucky I might even manage to bring along a few rods next time for some fishing! So, no albacore but there it is!

Are you trying to tell me something? Should I have run to the 302 today? Thanks for straightening out the registration difficulties, much appreciated!

Brian on Old Blue, out.

Nomad
05-16-2004, 06:24 AM
There was a report on 976-bite of a big albacore taken outside the 302. Boats name was Old Blue! Sounds like you had an adventure of your own!

NoSlack
05-16-2004, 01:17 PM
Good to hear you're back in the game. I was beginning to wonder if the boat and trailer had become part of the new landscaping you're doing at the house.

Now that you know Old Blue still floats, it's time to start working on your tournament points. There's at least 200 points to be had fishing the near shore stuff with the kids.

Mike