PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going out this weekend? Boat Ho

Al Gagnon
06-24-2009, 01:32 PM
My son Chris is bugging me to go out for some Tuna. I have had nothing but mechanical problems lately. Spent money on new trany and then my brakes, well now the rear seals were replaced and now both are leaking. Still finishing installing inverter, etc.. Well just asking if anyone is going to chase any tuna this weekend or the next few days. He needs to go with someone else so he gets the ritual of cleaning a boat, etc. He is 27, smokes, drinks beer instead of dramamine, good fisherman and will fish all night if you let him. If anyone is looking for some Ho's aboard, give me a post.
Al

Al Gagnon
06-26-2009, 10:20 PM
Well, broke down and will take my son out Sunday. Got most things squared away. Maybe going to check out around the 371 or so. May leave tomorrow afternoon and anchor at the south Island or leave S.I. early Sunday morning and head straight out to the 302 and then towards the 371. Anybody going out this weekend? I am not a first guy out gets the worm. Been at the ramp too many times and have a problem and still not get out before daylight. This week saturday is going to be a zoo for the parking lot and ramp, due to the BD yellow tail shoot out. Should be more space at the ramp on Sunday morning.
Al

DOGHOUSE26
06-26-2009, 11:06 PM
Personally Al I think you're about 2 weeks early; it was non existent north of the 390 today, scratchy above the 295, and slow to fair below the 238. No need to burn excess fuel so early in the season!

Al Gagnon
06-27-2009, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the reply. My son is going back to Vegas this next week and said if he finds work he may not be able to go fishing for awhile. I think you are right. Things are not in full gear yet but I cant tell him that,. He has been taking my 10 inflatable out almost every day since he has been in town. If I do not go he will feel that I did not even try. So I will give it as go and try to catch some yellows or come back to the Islands for some lings or whatever. He went to la jolla and did very well on the barracudas. I want to check out how my new transmission is for pulling my boat. I need to put the tranny to the test and take it back for its 10 day check up. I also want to check out my new inverter, port running light and some other things on the boat. Do a shake down before the fish realy start to come in. If anybody has some new info, reply back. Al

Zarco
06-27-2009, 07:46 AM
Al,your mailbox is full.

Al Gagnon
06-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Jason, I only had 28 in my inbox out of 50. I deleted everything. Try it again and let me know if you still have problems. Al

Al Gagnon
06-27-2009, 06:38 PM
Well, getting a late start. Wanted to leave early tomorrow at 4 am. Son wanted to leave this afternoon, 5:00 ish. Well came home expecting the baot to be ready and the truck was hooked upbut that was it. I need to not expect too much from a 27 year old. It is 6:40 and he is at the store getting some chicken and ice. I thought I would have been steaming toward the Island with a full bait tank by now. Its got to be good tomorrow. Have Faith.
Al