PDA

View Full Version : Billfish on My billfisher

Zarco
07-26-2009, 08:03 AM
Well almost anyway. Headed out fri night around 10pm. 2 solid scoops at eb then down below the 238. New autopilot is bada$$! Put the trollers in at gray light, on to the 295 and north towards the salvadore knoll. few paddys ,nobody home.Nothing happening until about 1 pm we see a boat size paddy with birds,mola,and flying fish. We troll by for nothing and decide to throw bait.yellows boil on it and my son gets hooked up, after a min or so it spits the hook,dammit! Next up is my friend Steve, baits and lands a nice 20lb class fish, my turn I get hooked up and broke off, big fish on 20lb nogo. We try a few more times for nothing and put the trollers back out. An hour later we decide to reel em in and gun to the north toward the 425. 20 mins after getting the rods in single albie strike,20-25lb. Terry picks one on bait. And after a 20 min fight on 20lb lands it.roughly same size as the troll fish. Next strike was a midsize bluefin. Then we spot birds and head to a couch size paddy seeing dorado in the water.we all get the bait in and Steve grabs my sons rod on accident and is picked off my none other than a striped marlin. As soon as he realized it,he hands it off to my son(way cool thing to do for my kid!) my son fought this fish for nearly an hour on 20lb line. Lots of aerial displays. Chased it down about 2 miles before it self releases on the prop. Ohwell fun anyway.Back to the barn at 9:30pm trip total was 196 miles.