PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for fishing Wednesday 29 July?

yellowfin1
07-28-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey guys,

I'm fishing tomorrow and my crew bailed on me. I need someone to help me pull on some fish. Anyone interested in riding along on Tenacious? I'm planning on departing from Mission Bay (De Anza Cove) at 4:00AM. If interested you can buy the bait. Just give me a shout at (858) 229-2261. I won't receive a call at that number until after ~3:30PM today. You can leave a mesage and I'll return the call.

Thanks,
Scott

Al Gagnon
07-28-2009, 05:35 PM
I am going out on my boat, out of san diego bay. Leavina a little later at 5:30, trying to go out to the 43 and kidney. Taking someone fromout of town and he was barking a little about getting a Mexican fishing license. He cant swim and is going out on a sport 3/4 boat on Thursday. so we may just go out and take my son and a friend, anyway. Good luck

Heron
07-28-2009, 07:43 PM
We are also going out Wednsday. Planning on the 43 area as well. Let's connect on the radio 72 and coordinate. We are leaving around 4 AM. Scott, I would have enjoyed going with you if I was not already going. Perhaps another time. Let's hope the fish are biting out there.

Al Gagnon
07-28-2009, 09:04 PM
OK. My name is Al and the boat is Kik N Bak

yellowfin1
07-30-2009, 08:23 AM
George and Bill,
Good talking to you guys out there. I hope your fish count was better than ours. Our highlight was baiting a swordie that lit up and charged the sardine we offered but, turned away every time.
Scott

Al Gagnon
07-30-2009, 10:14 AM
Same thing here. Saw a lot of water, a few billfisher boats, a few kelp paddies, some birds but no. Started to work in towards the Islands about 3:00 or so and crossed back over the 302. Nothing. I let my son drive down swell, from on top and he did very well. Got to about 8 miles from the South Island or so and found some kelp paddies holding yellow tails and sharks. We lost more then we caught due to break off at the hook, so we figured we were dealing with a shark hitting our bait. We (my son chris) got two yellows about 16 and 19 lbs. I had a few on but broke off, probably the sharks. These two yellows were loaded with eggs. I did not know that a fish could have that many eggs. They tasted great. Fried the eggs up in butter, garlic and onions. I had to cover the pan with a lid so I could cook them all the way thru. Had some fish parts raw with teriyaki and wasabi. Great eats at 11:00 pm. Looking forward to have some for breakfast. Love the fish eating part of fishing. I left the boat at Harbor Police so I can go out more this week. I have not read yesterdays reports yet but I hope others did better. Heard a guy on the boat Chula, I think he said his name was Larry, he sounded like he did well. Good luck to others going out. Seems to me the odds of catching some tuna outside is about 30 %, according to what I am reading, hope i am wrong.

Heron
07-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Scott, Al,
It was nice talking to you out there. We saw a school of bluefin, but could not get any takers. Looking at the fish reports on Bloody Decks, it looks like there was some action out at the West Butterfly. It was a rough day out there for almost everyone. We will do better next time. billf