PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday 29 July

yellowfin1
07-30-2009, 08:28 AM
Just a summary of yesterday's boat ride. It was a long boat ride for nada. Water was kinda nice and blue just inside the 302 with lots of birds and bait balls, but no jig strikes and paddies were not producing. Spotted and baited a huge swordie about 4 miles west of the 302. It lit up and charged the sardine (had no mackerel) but, turned away several times. Continued out towards the east Fly. No meter marks or signs of life between the 302 and E-Fly (except the Sword). Once on the E-fly, started seeing marks and some birds. No jig strikes. Quite a few boats working the area. Only heard of a couple fish earlier in the morning. Saw a spot of fish come up and boil but, they sunk out quickly. Tried chumming them back up, soaking baits on them, and deep jigging but no luck. On the way back in I heard someone working that area got 5 bluefins. I also heard that the west fly had albies on the chew. Got some yellows to boil on a paddy but, they would not touch any sardines we oddered. They would not eat the surface iron either. Best water that we saw was on the fly. It was good talking to Heron (Bill) and Casper (George). Hope you guys finally got some fish. As usual, the boat performed excellent!

Al Gagnon
07-30-2009, 11:05 AM
I posted on another post, about our trip, but wanted to confirm our report with someone that fished the same area as we did. I guess I want to make sure that I did nothing incorrectly. NOTHING going on!!! I think I saw you out there but could not read the name of your boat. I was on the extra long Outerbanks. Planned on going to the kidney, then work toward the 43.
Did not hear anything going on at the 43, so continued toward the fly and did not get anybetter so turned back in and up toward the 43.. Listening to the radio may not be a good thing to do, but when you are out there and it is about 2:00, I do not want to run for radio fish for an hour and a half and get there for natha. Good luck on the next trip. Still a little sore and tired.
Al

yellowfin1
07-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Yep,

I agree about the radio fish. I never really made it anywhere the 43FA spot. I'm not sore but, just a little tired and my eyes are burning from looking at empty water all day. I'm not complaining cause it was better than working.
Scott

Pez Espada
07-31-2009, 10:07 AM
Al,

Not sure if you read my post on BD but, I called out the numbers on Wed. To call out BS info on the radio is unexceptable as far as I am concerned. We all have to much time and money invested in our boats, gear and time off work. It's been a tough start to are offshore season so far. Teamwork is vital. Hope we can work together sometime.

Zack 26' Billfisher "Pez Espada"

Al Gagnon
07-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Zack, I am not sure if I Understand what you said. I hope I did not offend you about anything. Let me know what I said that offended you.

Went out to the Coronados today for a afternoon quickey. Lota of fish around the islands. Hooked up multiple times but could not bring anything aboard. Paddies were holding, porpoise had tuna, Kelp had lingcod, etc. I got one blue shark. My son had a very big yellow and we lost it as it went around the boat and then into the kelp. Fought it for about 30 minutes but lost it due to tangle in kelp. Actualy brought part of the kelp to the boat and then he broke off. Going again tomorrow with a full scoop of bait. Talk to you later.
Al

Pez Espada
08-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Al,

Not offended at all. Just wanted to clarify in a general statement that there are pb's that put out BS dope on the radio and that it's not right. There is no excuse for that stuff. On a positive note, I noticed the SeaHorse and a few boats out of Seaforth caught some albacore the last few days. Lets hope it continues.

Cheers, Zack 26' Billfisher Pez Espada