PDA

View Full Version : 8-22-09 Bad Weather at the local banks

Al Gagnon
08-22-2009, 04:39 PM
Tried to go out today for the Islands. Did not make the first buot past the jetty. Everybody kept asking for water temps and weather reports. One person on a 32 Bertram said he was going to continue to run until it got dangerous. I had to ask him when it gets dangerous let me know because I would like to know what he thought was dangerous. Called me back in 20 minutes and said he was turning around, it was know dangerous. To many people kept asking for reports and some guys were BS the others and said " fishable and blowing, but not bad." The novice was going to try to make a try. This is stupid. When people ask questions like that, fiherman should say a responsible response. Do not put others in a dangerous situation. Radio information should be dealt with , in a responsible way. I would not to be responsible for someone getting into trouble because they thought I knew more then them. This is may take on Radio stuff. Also too much BS and some guys get into a conversation. We should restrict our conversation for a MAXIMUM OF 2 MINUTES TO 3 MINUTES IF NEEDED. Be safe and responsible. Good Fishing .

Al

Time Out
08-24-2009, 08:33 AM
We left MB at 3am, made it out about 5 miles, at 7 kt we took a wave over the Bimni, that was it for me, raining sideways waves over the top, breakfast was looking kind of nice. Back in the dock at 4:30 am by the way all my bait was bloody by the time we got back in. First time I have ever tured back and very happy I did.

Russ

Zarco
08-24-2009, 09:28 AM
Wifey made me take her to a show in LA this weekend so no fishing for me.glad she picked the perfect weekend for me to not fish.

yellowfin1
08-24-2009, 12:29 PM
Hmmm,
Sorry to hear that the fishing was blown out. My wife also had plans for me over the weekend. If I play it right, I'll get a couple of fishing days out of that one.

On the brightside,
Now maybe the conditions will come together as the water stabilizes? Who Knows.

Scott