PDA

View Full Version : 1st 100hr service

Zarco
08-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Serviced the boat today(work is slow) my 1st 100hr service. Did: outdrive oil,engine oil and filter,both fuel filters, airfilter, and lubes all fittings. Anything I forgot or should check?

Al Gagnon
08-25-2009, 06:59 AM
I add Penn cool to the closed water system. It is suppose to stop any air bubbles from pitting the internal parts of the engine. Ask someone else to verify. My engines have 7000 hours so far. I also replace the water at different intervals. It all depends how many miles/hours you put on the engine per year. My take on changing fluids is if you feel better changing fluids, do it.

NoSlack
08-25-2009, 08:24 AM
If you have batteries with removable caps, it's a good time to check the water level. Are you greasing the zerk on the steering yoke stem where the arm attaches(behind the engine)?

Mike

Zarco
08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
If you have batteries with removable caps, it's a good time to check the water level. Are you greasing the zerk on the steering yoke stem where the arm attaches(behind the engine)?

Mike

yes,yes, and yes.

hijole
09-03-2009, 09:09 PM
Good idea to learn to change the water seal and impeller in the raw water pump before it goes bad.