PDA

View Full Version : 5/22 halibut/dinner cruise

NoSlack
05-22-2004, 09:53 PM
I launched at Shelter Island just before noon today for a check out run on the water pick up tube repair. After a few minutes I could see the cooling system was working much better than it had the past two trip.

Now that the check out run is done, I had 5 hours to kill before the wife shows up with dinner. Next stop, the bait barge for some deens then over to the Del to look for some halibut. I worked the area off the Del for 4 hours of a weak outgoing tide for a 6 pounder and 5 shorts.

At 5:30 I moved back in the bay to pick up the wife and our youngest for dinner. We move inside the bay to one of my favorite halibut spot and shut down to enjoy our meal. I slip a couple bait over the side before we sat down to eat. In the time it took us to eat, my daughter and I caught 6 more halibut with one of them being big enough to go in the box.

Just when I think things are about to bust loose, the girls tell me we're done fishing and it's time to see the sites. I should have know there was going to be a catch to having a hot meal delivered.

Mike

Moo Fish
05-23-2004, 08:56 AM
This is no problem....the fish will be there tomorrow....rt