PDA

View Full Version : Need Help From The BOCA Boys

Time Out
05-23-2004, 06:24 PM
We have removed the Boat from Seaboard Marine and are making the repairs our selves We spent the weekend working on her and she is just about complete just need to install the prop and move the shut off to a new location so we can close the eng hatch.

When I removed the fuel tank I disconected the wires from the sender one yellow one white and one black I marked the tank for the location of each wire.

Of course we desided to paint the tank and I lost my markings I dont know witch wire goes where.

can someone take a look and let me know the order????

NoSlack
05-23-2004, 07:13 PM
If Don installed a sender made by Centroid(looks like a hockey puck) here is the hookup for the 3 wire installation. You should have a hot wire(+12V), a negative and a signal wire back to the meter. Yellow is most likely the signal wire back to the gauge, black should be ground and white the hot. Some people make the black hot and the white negative.
http://www.centroidproducts.com/dia3a.jpg

1. Connect the wire from the SEND terminal on the unit to the SEND terminal on the meter.

2. Connect the wire from the POS terminal on the unit to the POS or IGN terminal on the meter or to the 12 volt (24 or 32 volt if specified) electrical system at some point after the ignition switch.

3. Connect the wire from the NEG terminal on the unit to the NEG or GND terminal on the meter and to the boat ground (Neg. 12 volt terminal).

4. This completes the installation. Put a generous coating of sealant over the wire terminals and the adjustment screws.

5. Connect the battery and turn on the ignition switch, the meter will go to the FULL mark then drop back to indicate the correct fuel level.

More info on the units at http://www.centroidproducts.com

Mike

Wizard
05-23-2004, 07:37 PM
Mike, you are an amazing wealth of knowledge and assistance.

If only the world were full of Mikes! :)

Time Out
05-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Mike you are the man thanks. Your info is just what we needed

Yes my sender looks like a puck and just like your drawing.

Thanks again

Russ