PDA

View Full Version : Fishing overnighter Sep 12-13

yellowfin1
09-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Taking Tenacious out Saturday around noon (after I do a burial at-sea for a lady). The plan is to casually troll from about the 425 down south towards the 1010/D220 area, and stay on the sea anchor overnight. Fish Sunday down south and return Sunday evening.

Anybody wanna tag along with your boat. Or does anybody plan to be fishing that area Sat or Sunday?

Scott

Wa Mei
09-09-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Scott,

I will be in the area. Not sure if I will be on my Skippy or my brother's 25' Defiance. Give me a holler on 72 Sunday morning and I will gladly share
any info...

Taking Tenacious out Saturday around noon (after I do a burial at-sea for a lady). The plan is to casually troll from about the 425 down south towards the 1010/D220 area, and stay on the sea anchor overnight. Fish Sunday down south and return Sunday evening.

Anybody wanna tag along with your boat. Or does anybody plan to be fishing that area Sat or Sunday?

Scott

Al Gagnon
09-09-2009, 06:10 PM
Scott, I will be leaving Friday morning to fish local and then stay overnight at the Islands, Coronado. Then going out Saturday and come home in the pm. I have been wanting to go further south and drift outside of Ensenada or evan thought about staying at the Coral. Seems to be wrong timing whenever someone wants to go south and drift overnight. Maybe next time. Is this the first time you have stayed south overnight on a drift?

Professor
09-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Scott,
We’re leaving Sunday morning around 6 and heading to Ensenada to fuel up. Then we’re off to somewhere around Colonet for the night. The next three or for days we’ll work our way to the reef and then go outside for two or three days. What channel will you be on? I won’t have any info but I can at least try and be sociable. Good luck on the trip.

yellowfin1
09-10-2009, 08:35 AM
Hi folks,

Thanks for ther replies. I should be on the usual 72, 69, 65, etc. I'll usually just have the radio on scan and will respond on whatever channel you call on.

I have done overnight drifts before. It kinda sucks if the weax is windy or if the swell is really short period and mixed up. The sea anchor should help a bit. Been thinking how cool it would be to have a night bite on the tunas but, have never been successful at that before. Will try lights, squidding, chunking, jigging, etc.

Al Gagnon
09-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Good Luck on the fishing and enjoy yourself. Do you have someone stand steamer watch and how many people go with you? Do you shut down your engines and run your house batteries for the bait pump, house lights, etc. or do you have a generator for night time?

Time Out
09-10-2009, 11:06 AM
Good Luck Scott

We will be fishing Saturday down that way below the (hidden bank) will let you know what I find. Knock em Dead.

Russ

yellowfin1
09-11-2009, 10:28 AM
Yale/Russ,
I'll try to hale you guys and se what's going on.

I do plan to have someone standing watch at all times (awake) as I do not want to get run over by a ship. Since we are getting a late start, I don't anticipate being on the sea anchor for more that a few hours once we get to the area we plan to fish at. With that in mind I'll probably shut down while running bait tank and running lights on the house batteries.

Later,
Scott

fireescape
09-11-2009, 12:15 PM
hey guys....leaving around 8pm tonight to fish the MAW tourney. fished friday @ 07/23 for good fishing. would love to work together out there.... I will be on 72 and we can go down to 68. Good luck to all, and be safe.....the wind is up ! zack fire escape

hijole
09-11-2009, 07:20 PM
I'll be on 72 and should be heading toward the 425 and then below. I just heard someone say there were lot's of fish under terns 3 miles around north island. not sure if it's just radio fish but worth a look.