PDA

View Full Version : Sept 13 cod

NoSlack
09-13-2009, 03:36 PM
Went out to put a few more hours on the new (to me) engine. Bro in-law passed on some hard bottom numbers he saw on the meter last week when he was running the Stick boat up the beach, and asked if I could check them out.

Five drops and twenty minute later I was done. Looks like we may have a new go to spot for the cod.

Boat ran great. I can't say I ever heard my old turbo before, now there is no mistaking when it kicks in.

Mike

http://bocaboard.com/data/noslack/sept-13.JPG

yellowfin1
09-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Hi Mike,
Did you get a new (used) engine or just replace the turbo?
I probably missed one of your posts about that. Anyway, Nice job on the bottom critters.

NoSlack
09-14-2009, 09:37 AM
I put in one of engines Bill
Waters pulled out of his Topaz last summer. I always thought my engine ran great until this spring, but the engine I got from Bob preforms better than I remember the old one did on it's best days.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
09-15-2009, 11:06 AM
Mike,

I thought your boat smoked a little the day we went to IB but it still sounded good; how many hours on the original motor? I glad this one is working out great for you so you can get back to fishing. By the way the guys are seeing elvis daily 3-7 miles off the beach from LJ to Del Mar while fishing for carp.

NoSlack
09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
I have 4200 hours on the motor in the garage and I think it's in in OK shape. My power problem was most likely a 28 year old turbo. After talking to you and getting a ball park figure on what a turbo overhaul was going to cost me, I went for Bob's engine for a couple hundred bucks more. Now I have two of everything incase I, or someone else needs a part to keep and engine running.

I'm going through all the pumps and cooler in the garage and bringing them up to a servicable level.

Mike

If the carp move by Saturday let me know. My 79 year old buddy reminded me last night it's been 4 years since I put him on the last one and his birthday is coming up again. No better B-day gift than a chance to pull on a marlin.

DOGHOUSE26
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
i'll be on the water thurs fri sat will call