PDA

View Full Version : Whats up Boys?

Nomad
05-26-2004, 05:23 PM
Been in Vegas since Sunday (work, not play :( ). Whats going on out there? May try a run next week...

GoFishGo
05-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Charlie,
I understand the Yellows are going off at the 425, but the quality of the Yellows being caught at the Islands are better.
I'm going out on a Charter on Monday (Memorial Day) and I'll try to get coordinates. :D

Brian

Time Out
05-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Charlie

Glad your back and sure we belive the working part of your story just remember that striper gliter is hard to get off shirts.

We have taken the boat from Seaboard they were unable or unwilling to complete the work. Marc and I worken on her last weekend and she is just about ready to go back in the water we should be back in the slip Saturday plan on doing some testing maybe a run out to the islands are you planning on anything for the weekend ?

NoSlack
05-26-2004, 07:36 PM
Looks like a good weekend to rack up a few points in the shark catagories. If the weather is good, Saturday will be a shark trip them halibut in the bay Sunday. If the weather is up, I'll whimp out and fish halibut both days.

Mike

Wizard
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
I would like to take one or more of the Blackman crew out on my boat, my treat. Nothing major, someone out there has a feel for what is happening and interested, let me know. Tired of reading what has been WFO last week, because I like to find my own and be on top of that action when it is happening instead of chasing last week's reports. For example, I think the T-sharks were last week out of Dana Point, and now that is over.

Anyhow, got 3 days coming up. Boat is fixed again. Not interested in a 200 mile trip in 6 foot swells for awhile, done enough of those. Anyone interested and has some good thoughts, PM me or whatever. Let's fish or cut bait.

NoSlack
05-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Glenn, I'll say the halibut bite in and around the mouth of SD bay will be as close to a sure thing as you're going to find this weekend.

Lots of shorts and some keepers up to #30 taken over the last week.

Mike

Wizard
05-27-2004, 12:31 AM
So I'll probably be out there this weekend.

I'll post a report of the shorts and the keeper I tried to solo gaff.

NoSlack
05-27-2004, 07:04 AM
Do you need me to ride along, bait your hook and gaff the fish? I hate to see a grown man cry when he clanks the gaff off a 90 point fish.

Mike

Wizard
05-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Would you? LOL

Nomad
05-27-2004, 12:34 PM
Mike,

I noticed you neglected to say anything about filleting the fish, was this just an oversight?

I don't have my tide book, how does it look for Friday?

NoSlack
05-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Charlie

The tides look good for the next 4 or 5 days. When the wind and tides aren't working in the same direction, move out to the mouth or off the Del and let the wind do the work. I think you can count on a steady 240-250 degree wind for the whole weekend.

Mike

Knot Now
05-27-2004, 04:09 PM
I should be on the water on Sat. and Sun. at the least.
Don't know where I/we am going yet.
BTW, does anyone know how to use rubber bands in flat lining?
My PO has clips/eyes on the stern that he said were for flat lines, but he didn't show how to use them.
Phil,
Knot Now

Wizard
05-27-2004, 05:12 PM
I use AFTCO flat line releases on the transom eyes, like the ones in the following link (just a picture, not a store recommendation):

http://outfittersparadise.com/t/Trolling_Release_Clips/Aftco_Roller_Trollers_Flatline_Clip_302155.htm

I think the idea of using rubber bands is to somehow wrap the rubber band around the line down to the transom eyes, and if you get a strike, the rubber band breaks (line cuts right through it).

NoSlack
05-27-2004, 05:17 PM
Phil

The idea behind using flat line clips is to keep the line from the rod as low to the water as possible.

To use rubberbands rap it around the line, then over the handle.
My flat line clips on the boat are on 2' of tuna cord and come up through the rope hawse.

Mike

http://members.cox.net/noslack/flatline.jpg http://members.cox.net/noslack/flatline1.jpg

Knot Now
05-28-2004, 07:41 AM
Mike and Glen,
Thanks
Phil