PDA

View Full Version : friday sept 18th

Zarco
09-19-2009, 09:21 AM
limits of small dodo and yellowfin for 5 at the double 220 -1010 area.done by 10am trolled past "RILEY" while he was hooked up on a patty. water was nice and calm and made for a great ride.did manage a few decent 20-25lb yellowfin and 2 25+lb albacore.

firebc
09-19-2009, 01:31 PM
Good job. Seems like the bulk of fish are still further south. Going to try and get down that way in the next week or so.

Professor
09-19-2009, 09:59 PM
Jason, sorry if we ignored you. I know which paddy you’re talking about as it was the only paddy we had that produced more than one fish. It kicked out a half dozen rat dodos. You had better luck on the quality fish. We had a single albacore that went about 25 #’s and a couple of YFT that went 15 #’s for a day and a half offshore. The other gazillion tuna and dodo’s were pretty small. We didn’t see a lot of paddy’s but we did see some nice ones. Just nobody home.

Zarco
09-20-2009, 09:03 AM
Yes, same here lots of smaller variety fish. We were tossing back the real small ones.

Zarco
09-21-2009, 07:43 PM
Killing again this sat. Anyone else gonna be out there?

Al Gagnon
09-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Jason, Going out Tomorrow, tuesday 5:30am at ramp. Just a short trip. Looking for yellow tail, ling cod. My cousin said he is tired of tuna right now. I want to give him a relaxing trip and just have some fun fly lining some fish on paddies, kelp etc.. Four people total. Thinking of Hitting the Nine first, then to middle grounds then south end of islands and then go west and north . Might change plans by 9:00. Depends if we hear anybody doing well. I think I will only respond to radio info if the other guy gives his name, boat name, etc. I do not trust guys that only give lat/long numbers. May try porpoise if they have a lot of birds working the school. Good luck on Saturday. I cant go anymore until my wife recovers from her knee surgery coming up on Thursday. Not sure how long for convelence(sp) Good luck.
Al

Wa Mei
09-21-2009, 09:23 PM
Killing again this sat. Anyone else gonna be out there?

Hey Zarco,

I will be launching late Saturday. Plan to fish about 60 miles south Sunday
morning.

Alan