PDA

View Full Version : Sept 19 cod

NoSlack
09-19-2009, 03:52 PM
Took my old friend Loran (old like 79) out for a low impact day of codding. Hit the same numbers as last week but had a little tougher time putting two limits in the boat. Took till noon to finish up today.

Lots of small squid on the bottom that we had to compete with to get the fish's attention. So much squid that you would hook them on the empty hooks or the fish would have one hanging out of it's mouth.

Mike

Best part of the day was filling up for $2.28 a gallon at the truck stop.

Professor
09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
Good job on the cod. We fished cod today as well. It was a slow start until we moved to 75 fathoms on an edge and then we hit them a good one.

Knot Now
09-20-2009, 11:13 AM
We fished Cod Also.
We went a little farther south to the Rockpile.
Found a new spot near the 101 in 200 feet that produced good results with live bait.

Phil

NoSlack
09-20-2009, 01:02 PM
It's nice to see I'm not the only guy bottom fishing when there is still tuna around.

To crowded to fish offshore on the weekends. We even had a couple boats slow troll around us until they saw red come over the rail.

Mike

Professor
09-20-2009, 10:03 PM
It's nice to see I'm not the only guy bottom fishing when there is still tuna around.

To crowded to fish offshore on the weekends. We even had a couple boats slow troll around us until they saw red come over the rail.

Mike

I hate it when that happens. Find a good spot and somebody wants to move in on you. Ops, your fishing 60 fathoms and I'm dragging mex flags. My bad.

Got to have a sense of humor or you'll go nuts.

Knot Now
09-21-2009, 09:47 AM
Got to have a sense of humor or you'll go nuts.

My friend like to fish cod with a 20 lb stick. A 2lb weight and cod put a good bend in the rod. We always try to hide the catch when it comes over the rail (other side of the boat) when someone is try to see the catch.