PDA

View Full Version : Nomad going on the market

Nomad
09-21-2009, 10:14 PM
Hey guys. Looks like it's time. To much going on and the boats just sitting in the slip and has been for way to long. Going to put it on the market soon. Not in any rush, just thought I would give you all a heads up.

DOGHOUSE26
09-22-2009, 07:36 AM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Now Russ is going to steal your roller bumpers again.

IMHO - Keeping your boat is cheaper than the cost of Psychiatric Care you will be requiring!

Nomad
09-22-2009, 08:07 PM
ya, I'm nuts already...but you all knew that!

hijole
09-22-2009, 09:35 PM
I know it sounds crazy but thats the reason I took mine back home. I don't have as many Saturdays as some of you have and the beer tastes the same whether it's in the slip or in the driveway.

Is it cheaper to sell a boat and then buy it again or to "just keep the one your with?"

NoSlack
09-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Take it home and think it over.

Mike

To The Limit
09-23-2009, 07:09 AM
I agree, don't sell it!!!!

Al Gagnon
09-23-2009, 08:23 AM
Do what you must do but be sure it works for you. With me, it is the last line of telling my wife,"This is mine, everything else is yours, so do not expect me to get rid of it. (I am not saying you have a wife or she told you to sell it.) " This is my feeling and I do not expect others to understand it. It is like having medication in my driveway. I can work on it when I want, clean it when I want, add something to it when I want, take it out with anyone I want, in any kind of weather when I want, etc. It is one of the last freedom a can have. It is the Alamo. Don't mess with my boat. To each his own. Al

Zarco
09-23-2009, 10:13 AM
Do what you must do but be sure it works for you. With me, it is the last line of telling my wife,"This is mine, everything else is yours, so do not expect me to get rid of it. (I am not saying you have a wife or she told you to sell it.) " This is my feeling and I do not expect others to understand it. It is like having medication in my driveway. I can work on it when I want, clean it when I want, add something to it when I want, take it out with anyone I want, in any kind of weather when I want, etc. It is one of the last freedom a can have. It is the Alamo. Don't mess with my boat. To each his own. Al

i agree with al! only difference is: my wife of 16yrs is going to law school. we may need the extra cash. "IF" i have to sell mine she promises to buy me a new one as soon as she gets her first job. so 6 yrs from now?? kinda hard to swallow but may pay off in the long run. i`m thinking 29 in a slip(her idea too). gonna finish out the season before i do anything.

Al Gagnon
09-23-2009, 03:41 PM
Jason, you can go out with me anytime. I would be honored to take you. That is a lot of schooling. Problem with you being self employed is the medical insurance cost. Good luck. We only caught 8 bonita this last Tuesday 22nd. Stayed close to Islands. Went down to outside of Islands then to Rockpile. Weather was snotty. Then turned up swell and managed to troll at about 7 knots and taking good spray and a few good solid water against the windows. Picked up about 4 bonita south of S. Island and then some above north Island. Went toward IB and found 2 very large paddies with a baloon stuck to one of them. Bonita everywhere but only a few biters. It was fun, large bonita about 6 to 8 pounds. Water temp 68 to 70 deg. Mostly cold. Radio traffic said only a few YF caught and they paid for them, in the weather and distance to travel. My boat handled the weather no problem. Good luck on your next trip.

Zarco
09-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Jason, you can go out with me anytime. I would be honored to take you. That is a lot of schooling. Problem with you being self employed is the medical insurance cost. Good luck. We only caught 8 bonita this last Tuesday 22nd. Stayed close to Islands. Went down to outside of Islands then to Rockpile. Weather was snotty. Then turned up swell and managed to troll at about 7 knots and taking good spray and a few good solid water against the windows. Picked up about 4 bonita south of S. Island and then some above north Island. Went toward IB and found 2 very large paddies with a baloon stuck to one of them. Bonita everywhere but only a few biters. It was fun, large bonita about 6 to 8 pounds. Water temp 68 to 70 deg. Mostly cold. Radio traffic said only a few YF caught and they paid for them, in the weather and distance to travel. My boat handled the weather no problem. Good luck on your next trip.

good thing is with her working part time we keep the INS.
I appreciate the offer Al. if I sell her you may have a full time fishing partner(lol!) we are discussing this idea and as much as it would kill me deep down I know we will be better off until she gets finished with school.

Zarco
09-23-2009, 05:20 PM
Sorry Charlie! Didn't mean to thread Jack!

hijole
09-23-2009, 06:00 PM
Don’t know of a better feeling than going to work on Monday after fishing Saturday and cleaning the Hijole on Sunday.
Mike's right, your own psychologist in your driveway.
When I ordered the Hijole Don told me to keep things simple. Whatever extra I wanted he would tell me I didn’t need it. He said just go fishing.

Just read this thread, it seams to be the psych for us “Locos!”

DOGHOUSE26
09-23-2009, 10:00 PM
"When I ordered the Hijole Don told me to keep things simple. Whatever extra I wanted he would tell me I didn’t need it. He said just go fishing."

Don would tell me the same thing after servicing my boat and I'd ask questions on what else to add or how to make something in the boat better; and he was right!

Professor
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Gentlemen, relax! Charlie buys and sells boats on a regular basis. He’ll be back with something that floats before long. He just doesn’t form a lasting relationship with one particular boat. He’s more into one season stands with a boat and then he dumps her. I know he’ll find a new on though. He always does.

DOGHOUSE26
10-14-2009, 08:20 PM
Haven't heard of any offers yet, the J Dock committee is considering parting out the Nomad to get the ball rolling. Tuba thinks he can get a pretty penny for the dock rollers, but I think we can get quick money out of the outriggers and gaffs. The electronics are already 2 years old and obsolete, however the margarita blender in the cabin has low hours and should make the new owner very happy. By the way the KAD 43 that was for sale is now taken, but I think I've found a low hours 41P as long as you have a transom plug around the size of an exhaust bellows about 100-125mm and can work fast. Bring a cordless sawzall if you're looking for a near new windlass and Bruce anchor, we don't have cabin keys yet. Email your list and i'll let you know if it's already spoken for; I'm not sure if the slip is paid through the end of the year however I think it will become available soon after the 41P is removed. Once that happens check Craig's list for a slightly used Pacific 12K trailer with low miles; if I knew where it was I would have swapped it with mine already.

Have a Great Day! :D

Time Out
10-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Thats Just NASTY Jeff

PS. dibs on the bow pulpit :D :D :D :D

Russ

DOGHOUSE26
10-15-2009, 08:52 AM
PS. dibs on the bow pulpit :D :D :D :D

Make your job complete with a slightly used set of SS Bow railings, still available!

Nomad
10-21-2009, 05:41 PM
Crap, sold the boat. Will close on Tuesday...think I'm getting the itch already.

Help me, I need therapy.

Nomad
10-21-2009, 06:48 PM
Mike - Phone line went down and cell not working at the house. Will call you tomorrow

DOGHOUSE26
10-21-2009, 11:23 PM
Crap, sold the boat. Will close on Tuesday...think I'm getting the itch already.
Help me, I need therapy.

Well, you just moved up to #1 on my speedialer as an available cabinboy; I'm sure this is only temporary. It's better to use them than just let them sit and it costs more money too!

Seriously though call me when you get the itch again, tell me you didn't include your rods and tackle too!

PS - I feel a need to stop by F Street Monday for another Boatwarming gift!

Time Out
10-22-2009, 01:08 PM
OK everybody keep your eyes and ears open, We are all on a hunt for a 29 for Charlie.

Maybe a 32 ??????????

Russ

Professor
10-22-2009, 08:21 PM
You all stay away from my boat you hear!