PDA

View Full Version : 87 miles and a BIG surprise!

Zarco
09-27-2009, 10:29 AM
Went long for nada then at 60 miles went wide open on yellowfin and dodos. Been dropping a megabait deep on paddies for a few trips since loosing a big fish a few weeks back( we guessed it was an opah).Finally redemption! 60lb opah onboard ZARCO yesterday!

Al Gagnon
09-27-2009, 11:55 AM
Good job, as always. Jason what are you going to do when the bite south shuts down? Are you going to try north or out West? The fish will go one way or the other, I think. I am stuck around the house until my wife can get around on her own or I use one of our daughters as a baby sitter. Keep in touch. I am going to begin installing the wood rail around the deck area by next week, I hope. I think it is going to add a lot, specialy safety. I should post some before and after pictures to see the differance.
Al

Zarco
09-27-2009, 12:06 PM
Actually going to put ZARCO away. And get out my 20' center console to get ready for lobster season. May do some local bottom fishing stuff but for the most part no long range. May get a few more trips in before the season is done.

Good job, as always. Jason what are you going to do when the bite south shuts down? Are you going to try north or out West? The fish will go one way or the other, I think. I am stuck around the house until my wife can get around on her own or I use one of our daughters as a baby sitter. Keep in touch. I am going to begin installing the wood rail around the deck area by next week, I hope. I think it is going to add a lot, specialy safety. I should post some before and after pictures to see the differance.
Al

NoSlack
09-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Way to go on the Opah. Lots of those caught this year. I wonder if it's the conditions or now we know they hang deep under the kelp, and more guys are dropping down for a look before moving on to the next spot.

Mike

DOGHOUSE26
09-27-2009, 07:43 PM
Nice catch! An Opah is a prize for sure, I've never even seen one and I'm dying to get one. Don't give up on the season so soon; we could be playing this game for another 2-4 weeks!

Have you heard any solid info on the new bug regs?

Zarco
09-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanx!Best part is I was actually targeting opah when I got it. Figure we got at least another good month of fishing.no news on the regs for buggin. olive oil,chopped garlic,and a little "cavenders",pan fried. hands down best fish I've ever eaten!(even my wife who doesn't really eat fish loved it!)

Nice catch! An Opah is a prize for sure, I've never even seen one and I'm dying to get one. Don't give up on the season so soon; we could be playing this game for another 2-4 weeks!

Have you heard any solid info on the new bug regs?